P0457 ???

This is a discussion on P0457 ??? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi, I have a 2002 WRX and the check engine light came on, I have a P0457 code, it is ...

Red face P0457 ???

Hi, I have a 2002 WRX and the check engine light came on, I have a P0457 code, it is about a large evap leak detected but I do not smell any gaz odor. I read on other forums that a reflash of the ecm at the dealer should fix the problem. Is it true ?

Thank you

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanthierwrx View Post
    Hi, I have a 2002 WRX and the check engine light came on, I have a P0457 code, it is about a large evap leak detected but I do not smell any gaz odor. I read on other forums that a reflash of the ecm at the dealer should fix the problem. Is it true ?

Thank you
    Uhhmm....no.90% of the time it's because you did not tighten your gas cap properly or the gas cap is not sealing and needs to be replaced.The other 10% comes from people installing a turbo inlet and knocking loos one of the vacuum lines for the EVAP solenoid located on the manifold behind the alternator.Whoever suggested reflashing the ECM is a retard...........
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

+1^

ok thanks for the answer, i do not ha a turbo inlet pipe, everything is stock so i'm going to check my gas cap to see if it seals properly

Wrinklechops
    Did that fix the problem for you?

I got this code tonight too.

Some suggested the "charcoal canister" thing by the passenger side rear wheel well?

Or it could be the rubber gasket seal on the pump assembly since I just swapped out the fuel filter yesterday...

But boy does it smell like gas a lot in my car. lol