My STi top mount

This is a discussion on My STi top mount within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; so i got my STi topmount from a kid i know ...pretty sure he stole it from the local car ...

My STi top mount

so i got my STi topmount from a kid i know ...pretty sure he stole it from the local car graveyard , but i paid $75 for it which i think is pretty decent compared to what some are going for on here...BUT my real question is;
    There is so pretty good dents in the outside "vents", supposedly from rocks but i highly doubt it since hearing the former owner played pinball with his subie and some trees (from what i can tell there is absolutely no leaks though) i was wandering if i could just bend them back to normal or should i just leave it be?
    I'm thinking i should just leave it be because i fear if i bend stuff back to normal it will actually weaken it and actually cause a leak .
    any suggestions?

sorry bout all the emoticons. i haven't slept for about 24 hours and im super bored

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

you should be able to bend them back....some places, i know MAC tools and MATCO sell what they call a condensor comb...its pretty much as screwdriver with plastic blades on the end of it and its designed to "comb" the AC condensor so i assume you could prob. use it on like radiators and intercoolers also....

you should be able to bend them back..very gently though....some places, i know MAC tools and MATCO sell what they call a condensor comb...its pretty much as screwdriver with plastic blades on the end of it and its designed to "comb" the AC condensor so i assume you could prob. use it on like radiators and intercoolers also....sry db. post

I just use tweezers and a really small screwdriver... Once or twice a year I spend a few hours at it, including the rad/A/C. Don't leave it all bent over (the fins) as it reduces the IC efficiency.
    '02 WRX 4EAT, 311,000KMs/194,500Miles, Sold. Best car I ever had. '09 STi stage 1, hope this one will be good too...

thanks!