My STi top mount
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on My STi top mount within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; so i got my STi topmount from a kid i know ...pretty sure he stole it from the local car ...

My STi top mount

so i got my STi topmount from a kid i know ...pretty sure he stole it from the local car graveyard , but i paid $75 for it which i think is pretty decent compared to what some are going for on here...BUT my real question is;
    There is so pretty good dents in the outside "vents", supposedly from rocks but i highly doubt it since hearing the former owner played pinball with his subie and some trees (from what i can tell there is absolutely no leaks though) i was wandering if i could just bend them back to normal or should i just leave it be?
    I'm thinking i should just leave it be because i fear if i bend stuff back to normal it will actually weaken it and actually cause a leak .
    any suggestions?

sorry bout all the emoticons. i haven't slept for about 24 hours and im super bored

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

you should be able to bend them back....some places, i know MAC tools and MATCO sell what they call a condensor comb...its pretty much as screwdriver with plastic blades on the end of it and its designed to "comb" the AC condensor so i assume you could prob. use it on like radiators and intercoolers also....

you should be able to bend them back..very gently though....some places, i know MAC tools and MATCO sell what they call a condensor comb...its pretty much as screwdriver with plastic blades on the end of it and its designed to "comb" the AC condensor so i assume you could prob. use it on like radiators and intercoolers also....sry db. post

I just use tweezers and a really small screwdriver... Once or twice a year I spend a few hours at it, including the rad/A/C. Don't leave it all bent over (the fins) as it reduces the IC efficiency.
    '02 WRX 4EAT, 311,000KMs/194,500Miles, Sold. Best car I ever had. '09 STi stage 1, hope this one will be good too...

thanks!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.