pcv valve hose question
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on pcv valve hose question within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; my question is, is this the pcv valve hose(where i convienently marked an arrow pointing to it in blue with ...

pcv valve hose question

my question is, is this the pcv valve hose(where i convienently marked an arrow pointing to it in blue with "here" written under it lol)? cause i just got some sea foam and i know youre supposed to put it through the pcv valve but i dont where it is on this car as im still fairly new to it so can some one tell me if this is it or not? lol

bugeye maffia member #304 l http://www.flickr.com/photos/joe_fonseca/

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

No thats not the PCV valve....you can actually pop the seafoam in at any manifold vacuum source...personally i try and put it close to like the plenum so its not just going into one cylinder (ex..like i wouldnt put it on the vacuum line that goes to the power booster because thats only pretty much getting to cyl #4...ok see the little vacuum hose to the left of the red. alt. electrical connector..between that and the throttle and cruise cables...personally what i have done for every Subaru with this setup i pop that line off have it siphen right thorough there....im not to sure what kind of "kit" you have to get the seafoam in there though....

PCV valve should be under the throttle body on intake manifold.
    --Justin

Hawk-Eye Alliance #128

Quote Originally Posted by EvoEatr View Post
    No thats not the PCV valve....you can actually pop the seafoam in at any manifold vacuum source...personally i try and put it close to like the plenum so its not just going into one cylinder (ex..like i wouldnt put it on the vacuum line that goes to the power booster because thats only pretty much getting to cyl #4...ok see the little vacuum hose to the left of the red. alt. electrical connector..between that and the throttle and cruise cables...personally what i have done for every Subaru with this setup i pop that line off have it siphen right thorough there....im not to sure what kind of "kit" you have to get the seafoam in there though....
    ok so do i take it off from the top of that hose which is right next to the red electrical connector, or at the bottom of that hose?

so its this one(this time i marked it in red and wrote "this one?" under it lol)
    Last edited by JoeMomma; 02-19-2009 at 06:06 AM.

yes...just pull the hose off from the intake manifold dont try and trace it down and pull it off whatever sensor it goes too...ive actually broken like the EVAP purge solenoid on other subaru's trying to do that..lol...anyways the one you wrote "this one?" on..yes that is the line im referring too...as i said im not to sure what kind of kit you have to introduce that stuff into the manifold with...

okay never mind i did it from one of the vacuum lines of the bpv, but thanks anyway

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.