Prosport Boost Gauge Question
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Prosport Boost Gauge Question within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just installed my prosport boost gauge yesterday and just wanted to know if anyone else had one also and ...

Prosport Boost Gauge Question

I just installed my prosport boost gauge yesterday and just wanted to know if anyone else had one also and what readings they are getting when there are idling. I'm reading 20 inHg at idle and when i give it little throttle i go to 0psi. Just wanted to know if thats where it should be at or not.

Also i'm only reading about 9 Psi in any gear... I'm gonna check the vac lines when i get a chance and hopefully thats the problem. Any other suggestions would be a big help also.

Thanks
    Blobeye Syndicate #43

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have one in my WRX..did you install the little filter in the vacuum line?..your idle vacuum (assuming you have the stock engine/internals) should be around 17-21 so i would think that is normal...you say your gauge is reading only 9PSI full throttle? what gear is that?...I have been told and i kind of believe it that my gauge reads a little low...I did a pull with my car the other day and i logged it to see what the ECU was seeing when it comes to boost, currently im running around 24PSI according to the ECU but the gauge only reads like 20PSI...I contacted Prosport about this and they believe the gauge is off...not the boost sensor.....however before we go looking into problems with the new gauge and everything i would make absolutely certain that all vacuum lines are connected and everything is secure...do you have any other way to log boost other than the gauge to make sure your only pushing 9PSI?

No i dont have any other way to check my boost besides the boost gauge. I do plan on getting a dp and then getting tuned shortly after.

yes i did install the little filter in the vacum line.

I checked it in 2nd, 3rd and 4th gears but didnt red line each time went to about 5000 rpms in each.
    Blobeye Syndicate #43

Also if its true to all prosport gauges that they read low and its 4psi low like yours is then i would be at the stock 13 psi that i should be at.
    Blobeye Syndicate #43

I was just thinking about that....thats right....but it shouldnt be the case with all of there boost gauges otherwise they would get a horrible rap....

I Support ClubWRX
    9PSI sounds like wastegate pressure - check the BCS

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo47193
    Also if its true to all prosport gauges that they read low and its 4psi low like yours is then i would be at the stock 13 psi that i should be at.
    No, the gauge should read accurate - return the gauge saying that it's defective.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Not sure what the BCS is and what to ever look for. Have a pic u could upload quick?
    Blobeye Syndicate #43

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Steveo47193
    Not sure what the BCS is and what to ever look for. Have a pic u could upload quick?
    Boost Control Solenoid

It's referred to as "wastegate solenoid valve" in that picture.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Ok thanks Skoal. I looked just a couple minutes ago and found a house which i think leads into the intake manifold that is missing a clamp which is further up the hose and the end seems to be split so i'm gonna replace that and see what happens first.

Do you need to get factory replace hoses for that or can i use left over hose from my boost gauge?
    Blobeye Syndicate #43

as long as the hose you have forms a secure seal i dont see a problem using that hose....its around the same diameter?...i would secure the ends of it with small zip ties or something just to be on the safe side....

yea i didnt hold it up for close comparison but just by eye it seems about the same. Seems like its gonna take a little to get at tho.
    Blobeye Syndicate #43

Tee into the vacuum hose off of your BOV. You can use any vacuum or windshield washer hosing. Make sure there are no leaks and +11 for zipting them tight. Your idle readings are normal. I've got a Prosport Boost gauge. No problems...
    Last edited by Destros; 02-06-2009 at 06:34 PM.
    -created in the ominous shadow of The Great Vassar-
    Blobeye Syndicate #Eleventy-Seven

yea i tee'd off the bov lines and put the air filter in between the bov and the boost sensor. THe hose i thought was bad actually wasnt wants i took a closer look.
    Blobeye Syndicate #43

In the middle of a corn field somewhere in Illinois
    Send us a pic of how you have it set up so we can trouble shoot it for you.
    OBP 2005 Wrx - Big 16g

+11
    -created in the ominous shadow of The Great Vassar-
    Blobeye Syndicate #Eleventy-Seven

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast