Prosport Boost Gauge Question - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 21 of 21

This is a discussion on Prosport Boost Gauge Question within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a Prosport premium gauge as well...just installed it....and I'm having the same problems... any bump for followup to ...

  1. #16
    Wrinklechops

    Sorry to bump an old one guys...

    I have a Prosport premium gauge as well...just installed it....and I'm having the same problems... any bump for followup to this one guys?

    Mine reads 20-ish inHg at idle, which is fine. At WOT though, it's not even trying to push past 11, 12 PSI sometimes...13 if I'm lucky... and I'm supposed to be tuned to 17psi - elevation more realistically 15-16...

    Is the filter necessary? I'm wondering if it's inhibiting flow?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #17
    Registered User Steveo47193's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Sunbury, Pennsylvania, United States
    Posts
    355
    I havent found any answers other then some others had defective guages with a 3psi difference in readings. So they would actually read 3psi lower then what they are actually getting.
    Blobeye Syndicate #43

  4. #18
    Master Baiter EJ257's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On a stream bank somewhere
    Posts
    19,726
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by lundholm08
    I have a Prosport premium gauge as well...just installed it....and I'm having the same problems... any bump for followup to this one guys?

    Mine reads 20-ish inHg at idle, which is fine. At WOT though, it's not even trying to push past 11, 12 PSI sometimes...13 if I'm lucky... and I'm supposed to be tuned to 17psi - elevation more realistically 15-16...

    Is the filter necessary? I'm wondering if it's inhibiting flow?
    Send it back and get it replaced

    If you ordered it through a 3rd-party vendor (not Prosport themselves), just send it back as defective, and ask for the $$ you paid for it to go towards another gauge (e.g., Defi Racer series, which doesn't require the controller and can be had for < $200)
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

    Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

    "Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

    UNYSOC

  5. #19
    Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Send it back and get it replaced

    If you ordered it through a 3rd-party vendor (not Prosport themselves), just send it back as defective, and ask for the $$ you paid for it to go towards another gauge (e.g., Defi Racer series, which doesn't require the controller and can be had for < $200)

    So, Prosport < Defi ? I understand the financial difference, I was just curious on the accuracy. I ordered it through Mach V Motorsports via their GoGauges.com thing... and yea, the PSI is off and the little button on the front doesn't push down or anything. I suppose I'll have to disconnect everything and repackage it....dang, I threw away that crap clear tubing that comes with the kit...

  6. #20
    Master Baiter EJ257's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On a stream bank somewhere
    Posts
    19,726
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by lundholm08
    So, Prosport < Defi ? I understand the financial difference, I was just curious on the accuracy. I ordered it through Mach V Motorsports via their GoGauges.com thing... and yea, the PSI is off and the little button on the front doesn't push down or anything. I suppose I'll have to disconnect everything and repackage it....dang, I threw away that crap clear tubing that comes with the kit...
    There are a lot of issues with gauges not reading properly over on Nasioc - Prosport is good about replacing faulty gauges/senders, but how often do you want to uninstall, ship the gauge, wait for a new one, and reinstall?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

    Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

    "Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

    UNYSOC

  7. #21
    Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    There are a lot of issues with gauges not reading properly over on Nasioc - Prosport is good about replacing faulty gauges/senders, but how often do you want to uninstall, ship the gauge, wait for a new one, and reinstall?

    True. Prosport emailed me and asked where the pointer on my gauge comes to a rest with key in ignition on and engine off. Mine rests at about 9 inHg. I'm guessing it's supposed to rest at 0. That would mean I have a bad gauge perhaps? Hopefully they'll replace it. But you're right, how often do I want to go through this? It sucks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •