Brake and battery lights came on and power steering went out

This is a discussion on Brake and battery lights came on and power steering went out within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ...what happened??? Driving home from a Super Bowl party tonight and simultaneously the brake light and battery light came on ...

Brake and battery lights came on and power steering went out

...what happened??? Driving home from a Super Bowl party tonight and simultaneously the brake light and battery light came on and I lost power steering in my '02 WRX. I had noticed the last couple of days that the power steering didn't work very well when the car was idling but haven't had time to give it a good look and can't now because it's midnight. My first idea is that a belt broke or came off... any suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

DUB
    The belt that drives the PS pump and the alternator broke. Open the hood in the morning, you'll see. It's an easy fix.

done and done! thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mike523 View Post
    done and done! thanks
    I had the same problem! Brand new battery and alternator and still have the warning lights turn on while driving? obviously the belt is not broken, because the alternator is brand new. so wtf? i C that several other posts are about the sam problem. So what can i do?

I Support ClubWRX
    My guess would be poor/corroded connections or cables. Clean ALL connections properly (both ends,not just the battery terminals) and do a resistance test on the positive and negative cables.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S