Overboosting =( - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Overboosting =( within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ok so i got my part in yesterday and installed it with no problem other than a few minor burns ...

ok so i got my part in yesterday and installed it with no problem other than a few minor burns from the engine lol....as im boosting, the gauge shows that im running full boost but then when the engines starts to rev a little higher the boost drops a bit is that normal or no?? sorry for all the questions this is my first subbie

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sounds like you got it right. It should taper off a little bit. It'll hold in your higher gears (like 3rd and up). Amazing what a little bronze pill will do!
    Movn' on up to an '06 WRX
    Vf-39 all the way!

Love to build 'em, just to ship 'em out and start all over!

I got friends in cyberspace, so I must be cool, right?
    Facebook / Myspace

Since you're in the Chicago area, I HIGHLY recommend the Subbie dealership in Merrillville, IN(1 hour away). Just ask for Frank. They are very mod friendly. My friend has had a transmission fixed ($$$) under warranty with stage 2 mods no problem. If you ever plan on mods (non SPT), these guys are the best! Those Chicago ones will just say your car is VOID VOID VOID!!!

Very Helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Truckster27 View Post
    Should be a no-brainer as to where it goes if the hoses are stock....theres a yellow/gold dot on the hose to show location If you don't have one on yours, just get the assembly pictured above for like $15 more. Then just plug and go!

A prime example of a dealership where the parts guy has absolutly NO idea what the heck hes talking about....first, he tells you its an "aftermarket part", then he says "oh yeah, I know THAT pill", then he says "I don't know where it goes" considering if he just plugged it into his computer, the subaru database WILL spit out a picture with part #'s. And a breakdown of the layout. Just lazy, IMO.

Good luck with your parts man!
    I would like to thank you guys so much!!! this is definately the best thread for what I am looking for! my stock 02 wrx has the same problem and all any one talks about is it not being stock... it IS!!! lol I have heard that if this doesnt fix my problem I will need a new BCS. do I have to pay $240 to get from the dealer(canada eh :P) or is there an aftermarket one that I can put on for much less that will be the same? My Cobb AP tells me that I boost around 21PSI both with stock map and stage 1. Your input would be great., thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12