PCV Freezing up 09's

This is a discussion on PCV Freezing up 09's within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Anyone else experienced or heard of this - at temperatures approaching -18C (0 F) extended highway driving and the PVC ...

PCV Freezing up 09's

Anyone else experienced or heard of this - at temperatures approaching -18C (0 F) extended highway driving and the PVC valve freezes up and oil starts to pump through the turbo - this issue has gone right to Japan and they are working on it - had it happen to mine and I still smell oil inside the car

The service department in Edmonton advises that 09 wrx-265 and turbo foresters can block the ram scoop and restrict the cold air into the pre-cooler - some have even completely disconnected the PCV valve altogether. Still waiting for a fix -- It seems that it is not an issue in city driving and only happens during extended hwy driving.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I've smelt oil a couple of times w/ mine on highway trips (cold weather)- it seemed to dissipate quickly so I didn't give it a lot of thought. What you posted makes sense, I'll give my dealer a heads up on it.
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman