Three dash light combo
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Three dash light combo within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey everyone my friend is in a bit of a dilemma. Heres the background story. 2008 Impreza WRX Couple of ...

Three dash light combo

hey everyone my friend is in a bit of a dilemma.

Heres the background story.

2008 Impreza WRX

Couple of weeks ago an old lady backed into his parked WRX I mean really backed into basically bad enough to get a whole new quarter panel. The impact was front left just for reference.

There was no major damage at least in appearance no frame or suspension but...

Well he recently got it fixed but on the way to the body shop His Traction Control light came on (steady) Check Engine light came on (steady) and cruise control light (blinking)

I think maybe the impact screwed up part of the TC system electrics but the subaru is still very new to me so I was only speculating on history

Does anyone have any exp. with this dash light combination?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Does your friend have his owner's manual. I've read about that in there, but I can't quote it, and the car is all the way outside in the snow or I'd check. But that information is in there. I hope everything turns out ok
    2008 WRB WRX: Blouch 18G-XT, Perrin FMIC, Perrin Turbo Inlet, DW 750cc injectors, Invidia catless downpipe, Perrin Catback, TurboXS CAI, Mach V SS brakelines, Hawk HPS Brake pads, ATE Superblue, NGK one-step colder sparkplugs, Mach V 3-port BCS, Prosport boost gauge and wideband A/F gauge, STi fuel pump, WL Steering Rack bushings, Perrin 25mmFSB/22mm adjustable RSB, Kartboy endlinks, TGV deletes, Protune by Dan @ Mach V Motorsports...
    330WHP/342WTQ

get the codes read with an OBD II scanner or take to dealership and have them read with the select monitor..as im told when the CEL comes on it disables the cruise control and Traction control systems on some models so all three lights will come on....I have done this many, many times when you erase the code for the CEL all two/three lights go out.....

Quote Originally Posted by iDrove View Post
    Does your friend have his owner's manual. I've read about that in there, but I can't quote it, and the car is all the way outside in the snow or I'd check. But that information is in there. I hope everything turns out ok
    Well don't have to worry about snow much as we're in Texas but i've been proven wrong twice 4 years apart now. lol

Right now the car is still at a mechanics getting the new quarter panel... He's not two concerned as the car hasn't acted any different. So hes just going to take it to the dealership under warranty.

I should have also said that he does have a cat-back exhaust and thought that as well might be throwing a code as I know the ecus on subies are very temperamental when it comes to mods based on the threads I've read on this forum

We both appreciate the feedback "the more you know!" LOL

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.