shocks blown, now what?

This is a discussion on shocks blown, now what? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i found out that my shocks on coilovers are blown and was wondering what should i do that would cost ...

shocks blown, now what?

i found out that my shocks on coilovers are blown and was wondering what should i do that would cost me something below 1000$

new: shocks/springs? or coilovers? (please name brands).

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Man if you have that kind of money to spend you could get a half decent set of coilovers...I found some the other day on Ebay for $679.00 i believe they were Godspeed....Unfortunately for me my money is going elsewhere right now...Also it really all depends on what your goals are with the car...track, street, autocross etc....if you drive it as a daily driver and dont really do anything crazy with it you might as well just replace the struts with stock units...

I Support ClubWRX
    Can your coilovers be rebuilt?

If not, I'd look into a strut/spring combo. A few people I know swear by Koni Inserts + RCE Black/Yellow + Group-N tophats
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC