Boost Loss.

This is a discussion on Boost Loss. within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I was on my way to a friend's and I was on the highway, boosting fine, hitting WOT at 17.8 ...

Boost Loss.

I was on my way to a friend's and I was on the highway, boosting fine, hitting WOT at 17.8 (tuned Stage II STi) and after I got off the highway, I gave full acceleration and felt as if I was not getting enough power. When I looked at the boost monitor on the AP sure enough, I was getting about 9.5 at WOT. There was no lag at all getting to 9.5 but it stayed there
    with max of 11.7. I figured there was some sort of boost leak.

Today on my way to work I had the same problem; when I was on the highway at WOT I got no more than 9.4. When I took my exit and got to the local road, at WOT(2nd gear) I was all the way up to 17.6. So that caused me to believe otherwise.

My oil is clean and full, and all my fluids are in check.
    I have no CELs or anything else out of the ordinary.
    No recent mods obviously, that would defeat the purpose of my tune (Had the tune for about 3 weeks).
    I have emailed my tuner (Jorge at P&L Chicago) waiting for a response.

Any advice guys? SD_GR?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by CobbNation View Post
    I was on my way to a friend's and I was on the highway, boosting fine, hitting WOT at 17.8 (tuned Stage II STi) and after I got off the highway, I gave full acceleration and felt as if I was not getting enough power. When I looked at the boost monitor on the AP sure enough, I was getting about 9.5 at WOT. There was no lag at all getting to 9.5 but it stayed there
    with max of 11.7. I figured there was some sort of boost leak.

Today on my way to work I had the same problem; when I was on the highway at WOT I got no more than 9.4. When I took my exit and got to the local road, at WOT(2nd gear) I was all the way up to 17.6. So that caused me to believe otherwise.

My oil is clean and full, and all my fluids are in check.
    I have no CELs or anything else out of the ordinary.
    No recent mods obviously, that would defeat the purpose of my tune (Had the tune for about 3 weeks).
    I have emailed my tuner (Jorge at P&L Chicago) waiting for a response.

Any advice guys? SD_GR?
    Well, foregoing the REALLY obvious (gearing, mainly) it sounds like it COULD be a boost control solenoid issue.
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

Can you please list all of your mods?
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    Can you please list all of your mods?
    2006 STi
    Cobb SFI Intake
    Cobb LWMP
    Cobb Full TBE (bellmouth dp)
    Cobb AP v.2
    ProTuned by Jorge P&L Motorsports, Chicago, IL.
    I've had all the those mods already done when I bought the vehicle back in Feb. Only the tune was left which got done 3 weeks ago.

I went to the tuner today. The pressure test revealed everything was fine after one of the vacuum lines was zip tied. Runs great now *crossing fingers.*

Since many people have this problem (boost loss) I'm going to post the pic so people can search for it, make sure they're not suffering from the same prob.