Full boost

This is a discussion on Full boost within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey i just got my car about too months ago.{2005 wrx}Tonight i put a boost gauge in it and it ...

Full boost

hey i just got my car about too months ago.{2005 wrx}Tonight i put a boost gauge in it and it is only reading about 9 pounds.It is completely stock and i was wondering if this could be right?i heard they run anywhere from 12-14 pounds stock.i used kinda a sketchy vacuum line to run too the boost gauge,but the line seems to be fine,Any one out their no what the problem could be?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What gear are you reading boost in?

stock 2.0L wrx is 13.5psi

Second and third

lines?

I am guessing the sponginess inherent in your stock vac. lines are already sapping boost, further, anything but Teflon lined steel will rob you on a gauge, since it does NOT flex and bulge like a plastic line. It is also far less prone to being cracked or pierced. Once mounted, you can feel safe for life that it will never fail, so long as you use proper fittings, and you buy hose with the required burst pressure (any steel line is more than enough for most gauges, but safe beats sorry). Start there. Next, see that you are indeed on the right part of the line to have a "T". If it is failing at the "T", get a "Double-L", or a -4an/-6an "Y" and tap at the fitting to the stock line. This will leave a show quality fitting, and will never fail, while delivering a maximally accurate and smooth flow to your gauge. If it fails after these upgrades (we might have hit $40 by now), your gauge is junk. Since I do not know what gauge you have, I cannot tell you if it is a problem involving the unit itself.

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

I was wrong about stainless hose. More like $60 with fittings and mounting brackets (do all of these at once, if you plan to go any further, in that your brackets are ready for more than one hose, if you ever want more gauges, you will be sorry if you don't)
    Last edited by Impreza2.0; 01-04-2009 at 05:20 AM. Reason: to add a link to steel braided hose

I Support ClubWRX
    Moved to troubleshooting forum.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by dubrx05 View Post
    Second and third
    You need to be reading max boost in 4th or 5th gear.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S