Normal WRX traits?

This is a discussion on Normal WRX traits? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi, I just got a 2005 wagon this past November and I have a couple of questions. I've had many ...

Normal WRX traits?

Hi, I just got a 2005 wagon this past November and I have a couple of questions. I've had many Subies but never a WRX. I've noticed mine cranks more slowly than my Outback or my Integra. Is it normal for the turbo cars to do this? The battery is original and probably approaching the end of it's lifespan.

Also, the clutch is much stiffer than most other cars. I didn't notice this at first, but compared to the 95 Integra GSR I've been driving the past 10 years it takes much more effort to push. I don't want to make my left leg sound like a wimp, just want to know if that's the norm.

Great car, I like the solid feel and the way it eats choppy back roads for lunch. Doesn't rev like the Integra, but has much more go between 3k and 4.5k rpm. Very fun to drive.

Thanks for the help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Is it cold out by you? Maybe it's a cold battery.

Quote Originally Posted by hilltownwalsh View Post
    Hi, I just got a 2005 wagon this past November and I have a couple of questions. I've had many Subies but never a WRX. I've noticed mine cranks more slowly than my Outback or my Integra. Is it normal for the turbo cars to do this? The battery is original and probably approaching the end of it's lifespan.

Also, the clutch is much stiffer than most other cars. I didn't notice this at first, but compared to the 95 Integra GSR I've been driving the past 10 years it takes much more effort to push. I don't want to make my left leg sound like a wimp, just want to know if that's the norm.

Great car, I like the solid feel and the way it eats choppy back roads for lunch. Doesn't rev like the Integra, but has much more go between 3k and 4.5k rpm. Very fun to drive.

Thanks for the help.

A new battery is probably in order.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Quote Originally Posted by Pavia View Post
    A new battery is probably in order.
    Yep. And the heavy clutch is normal in these cars. Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the club.

Later, T.J.
    200,000 mile club.

Old Irish adage: "Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege."

Thanks for the info and the hospitality. Looks like a new battery and some leg exercise is order.

I Support ClubWRX
    Moved to troubleshooting forum.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links: