Haynes / chilton?

This is a discussion on Haynes / chilton? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Do they make them for the wrx? 2003 wrx to be exact....

Haynes / chilton?

Do they make them for the wrx?

2003 wrx to be exact.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Both Haynes and Chilton have manuals for 00-06 Legacy line, including the Outbacks & Baja, but not the Impreza.

Somehow in the Legacy books they included information on the Forester, but that seems weird, because the Forester is built on the Impreza platform.
    Also weird Haynes notes "excludes V6 engines", when they should have said excludes 6 cylinder engines or H6 Engines, because the Outback has an optional 3.0L H6 in these years. It wasn't till 2008 6 Cylinder became available in the "Legacy 3.0 R Limited"

The systems in the Legacy and the Impreza are similar. So the step by step instructions maybe helpful, but not exact.

Subaru Legacy & Forester 2000-2006 (1563926237) - Delmar Cengage Learning

Do It Yourself (DIY) Auto Repair Manuals from Haynes

Anyway, there are tutorials and how-to's on many mods and fixes here on ClubWRX, and you should also checkout Scoobymods.com.

there is a site hosting free Subaru factory service manuals. i don't remember the name but someone will probably through it up, i am sure. or PM me your email address and i will send you the zip files
    I work on vehicles that make 650hp and 2400ft/lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by indytruckboy View Post
    there is a site hosting free Subaru factory service manuals. i don't remember the name but someone will probably through it up, i am sure. or PM me your email address and i will send you the zip files
    one of the links in my sig should get you pretty close
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals