Pulling CEL Codes????
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Pulling CEL Codes???? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi, I have 2002 WRX I'm new to WRX's, I've searched high and low on this forum to find out ...

Pulling CEL Codes????

Hi, I have 2002 WRX

I'm new to WRX's, I've searched high and low on this forum to find out what to do, to find out the code your ecu is putting out when the CEL light is on.

I've got all the codes just need to understand how you pull the code from the ecu? From what i've read you either need a $600 AccessPORT or take it to a dealer...is that correct?

Are there any other ways to read the history of the ECU, etc

Any help would be greatly appreciated... apologies if this has been discussed b4.

Sam

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by eshaze View Post
    Hi, I have 2002 WRX

I'm new to WRX's, I've searched high and low on this forum to find out what to do, to find out the code your ecu is putting out when the CEL light is on.

I've got all the codes just need to understand how you pull the code from the ecu? From what i've read you either need a $600 AccessPORT or take it to a dealer...is that correct?

Are there any other ways to read the history of the ECU, etc

Any help would be greatly appreciated... apologies if this has been discussed b4.

Sam
    if your car gives you a CEL, you can take it to autozone or a local car parts store and they should scan your car for free

thats awesome thanks for the quick response! do you know of any tools available to pull codes?

Sam

Quote Originally Posted by eshaze View Post
    thats awesome thanks for the quick response! do you know of any tools available to pull codes?

Sam
    yeah they sell them at car parts stores as well, they are called OBDII diagnostic scanners....i dont know any brand in particular but there are a few to choose from.....the accessport also reads codes

Where's the list of codes?

Oops, found them, never mind.
    Last edited by retrodog; 01-02-2009 at 08:53 AM.
    Mmmmm Kitty,,, the other red meat.

Please note: no cats were harmed in any way during the making of this post. But there is always later.

I Support ClubWRX
    Any autoparts store can help you, and there are also a bunch of local owners with tactrix cables that could pull/disable it if need be.

BTW Join the local club:
    UNYSOC.ORG - Upstate NY Subaru Owners Club - Index
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Thats great, thanx for the info, what's the best way to contact people here in Albany?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by eshaze
    Thats great, thanx for the info, what's the best way to contact people here in Albany?
    Join the forum I linked to before, and come to local meets (about 15 of us got together at Chili's in CP Saturday before last). You'll get a few people to welcome you if you post an Intro thread (just a warning: they'll want pictures lol), and as you come to local meets, you'll be able to place faces with usernames, and you'll have a decent collection of cell #s as well.

I have cell #s for everyone in the area I really care about, so I usually call/PM them on there.
    Last edited by EJ257; 01-02-2009 at 11:22 AM.

UNYSOC

Great, when i'm back in Albany on the 25th I'll come along to some meets, thanks again you've been a great help, I've just moved here from the UK so would be cool to meet up with some new people

Thanks

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by eshaze
    Great, when i'm back in Albany on the 25th I'll come along to some meets, thanks again you've been a great help, I've just moved here from the UK so would be cool to meet up with some new people

Thanks
    Sounds good. Any auto parts store will let you scan the CEL for free, so don't spend $40 or so at a dealership to do it.

UNYSOC

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.