My 02 powers down when I break the back end loose.......
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on My 02 powers down when I break the back end loose....... within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok so, when playing around on the twisties or in parking lot I will break the back end loose and ...

Angry My 02 powers down when I break the back end loose.......

Ok so, when playing around on the twisties or in parking lot I will break the back end loose and do a little power-slide then all of a sudden my car will power down. If I push in the clutch the car will turn off. Also when on the highway if I am in 5th and downshift to 2nd or 3rd there will be a hickup and serious power lack on the upper end of the rpm's. A buddy said it sounds like some kinda of "smart" AWD security thing. Anyone experienced anything like this? This is driving me up the wall.
    Deal's Gap anyone?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by thejoeofo View Post
    Ok so, when playing around on the twisties or in parking lot I will break the back end loose and do a little power-slide then all of a sudden my car will power down. If I push in the clutch the car will turn off. Also when on the highway if I am in 5th and downshift to 2nd or 3rd there will be a hickup and serious power lack on the upper end of the rpm's. A buddy said it sounds like some kinda of "smart" AWD security thing. Anyone experienced anything like this? This is driving me up the wall.
    mods?? and why would you go from 5th to 2nd on the highway???

Quote Originally Posted by wrx0131 View Post
    mods?? and why would you go from 5th to 2nd on the highway???
    +142315 seriously, 2nd gear at highway speeds will break something
    02 silver WRX - TBE, bad wheel bearing, needs fixing so I can go back to driving it
    Bugeye mafia member #186
    Anybody in the Des Moines area should PM me!

Sounds to me like your fuel pump is having a hard time keeping up, do you get a amper warning light on your cluster?
    **__The Hawk-Eye Alliance__**
    Member #0135

explo..

Umm..... Most of the large down shifting happens when on mountain highways. I'll be behind someone going about 40 - 45 and when a passing lane comes up I'll go into 2nd and pass. So I'm not going like 70 and going into 2nd... that would just be bad.

Only a few mods so far: Full 3" exhaust from the turbo and a Vishnue race chip.

I thought it may have been something with the fuel pump, but no check engine light or any light, of any kind.
    Deal's Gap anyone?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.