Electrical Drain. very frustrating, new battery

This is a discussion on Electrical Drain. very frustrating, new battery within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I baught a used 2004 Imprez WRX Sedan wit 36,000 miles a month ago. The battery gave up the second ...

Angry Electrical Drain. very frustrating, new battery

I baught a used 2004 Imprez WRX Sedan wit 36,000 miles a month ago. The battery gave up the second day so i didnt even bother dealing with it, and simply went back to the dealership and simply demanded that they put a new battery in. Ofcrouse they did it...but the problem didnt seem to go away.

Sometimes it just doesnt turn on after the night. For instance i remember one night it didnt start after leaving the garage door open. other nights it just happened and i gave it an hour than it would start but one could clearly hear the engine was carrying less charge and the engines power died down to around 600rpm immediatly.

Alot of the times, if my fan is on, from starting with power 1 the car just wont start at all, but you turn it off, and there it goes.

Im assuming that there is something draining the battery. Any suggestions??
    You put a bunch of money into a raggedy ass car, in the end you got yourself an expensive raggedy ass car

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Have the alternator tested and list all your electronic mods.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    What he said mostly.

Also, before shutting down the car I always turn everything off. It gives you more power and less load.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Wink

Maybe wiring for towbar,