oil out my exhaust nun on my dip help!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on oil out my exhaust nun on my dip help! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i have oil blowing our my exhaust on my 04 wrx and have no oil showing on my dip stick ...

oil out my exhaust nun on my dip help!

i have oil blowing our my exhaust on my 04 wrx and have no oil showing on my dip stick my temp is fine and all was good 12 hours ago i need help please!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Milage, Mods?

How do you know oil is coming out? Drips? puddles?

Any smoke in your exhaust? What color?
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

yeah blue smoke oil driping out exhaust temp is fine iam hoping that it is the seal on the turbo. thats waht a few friends think that i call this morning flatbed is on the way
    Last edited by zero.mind; 12-29-2008 at 07:15 AM.

Hard to tell with no info on the car. Sounds like your getting it taken to a shop, good luck.

it has 119000 miles- no mods, and Ive been smelling oil burning every now and again- with some smoke out of the scoop but no sign of oil leaking anywhere until today.

well your burning oil if the smoke is blue. take it to a shop, especialy if you dont have any oil on your dipstick.
    03 WRB WRX STAGE II
    STi COMING SOON

BUGEYE MAFIA #199

LET ME QUOTE THE LATE COLONEL SANDERS " I'M TO DRUNK TO TASTE THIS CHICKEN . . ."

if it is a turbo problem how hard do u think it would be to rebuild or do u think it mite be better off with a hole new turbo?iam trying to price turbos but i dont even know what to look for. do u have any insite

Well, if you're burning oil, either its the turbo, or you've started to get blow-by into the combustion chamber, meaning your rings are starting to degrade. A new stock turbo (TD-04) you could find either used for a couple hundred $$ or new for a little more. If its the rings, then you'll need to dive into the engine.
    Movn' on up to an '06 WRX
    Vf-39 all the way!

Love to build 'em, just to ship 'em out and start all over!

I got friends in cyberspace, so I must be cool, right?
    Facebook / Myspace

Take is somewhere to get checked out first to make sure it is the turbo and nothing else is wrong like blown rings. If your looking to stay stock you can find a used td04 (stock) turbo for a few hundred. If you want to upgrade you can look at vf39 or vf34 for a moderatly priced turbo but youll need supporting mods such as turboback exhaust, uppipe, fuel pump, injectors, an sti IC, and an engine mgmt tune.

well i took it to a shop this morning and iam still waitin to hear back.if it is the turbo how hard is it to take out and put back in?is it somthing that i could do not knowing alot about cars.and do u have any places that u reccomdend i buy from?

Replacing a turbo isn't the hardest job, however if you snap a bolt and struggle getting it out and don't have correct tools or torches to remove it, you may run into a jam. Also if you do not know much about cars, this could be quite difficult to do, if thats the case id have it professionaly done. Do you live in the states?

yeah i live in sparrowbush ny.see i have it at my friends shop but iam not to sure if they are the best at workin on a wrx turbo.iam tryin to find a use turbo for them to put in if that is indeed the problem.it just sucks cause i just dont have all kinds of money and i had the trans replaced like 5 months ago and that was 4500$ went on credit and this is just makin it worst.

Call these guys, they may have a used factory turbo you can buy, legit people too. Millennium Auto -Specializing in Subaru WRX STI Check out the Northeast threads to get with people in your area to find where the subie shops are.

Quote Originally Posted by zero.mind View Post
    it has 119000 miles- no mods, and Ive been smelling oil burning every now and again- with some smoke out of the scoop but no sign of oil leaking anywhere until today.
    i had the same problem....my turbo was bad because when i replced it the smoking stopped.....however, about a month later my rods/pistons started knocking, checked my dipstick.....no oil in it....so it couldve been both my turbo and my rings

i have a stock turbo that i never used when i replaced the block....it came off of an 04....if your interested in it let me know

i thank u all for your insite and help but i won't know the exstent of my problems till sometime tommrow.i am hoping it is just the turbo because the word is that i should be happy i got 119000 out of the turbo.i check the road were it happened and there is a bunch of oil.i want to keep it as lo cost and i can what do you think a new one stock would be?there also saying the if i did have blow by from the engin i would have seen some kind smoke before and i pretty sure i would have seen something.i did however see a little ploom of blue smoke come out my hood scoop like fifty thow miles ago i was told that it mite of had some oil squeez by a seel on the turbo and that it wasa no big deal not to worry.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.