Help! Turbo problems?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Help! Turbo problems? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; how will i know when my turbo is going out... i just intalled an hks ssq bov and after starting ...

Help! Turbo problems?

how will i know when my turbo is going out... i just intalled an hks ssq bov and after starting the car i threw a CEL and it idols high, like i have a vacuum leak but i found nothing and my boost only goes 2/3 of what it used to. im gonna put my stock BOV back on and see what happens. if no change happens ill have the CEL read and go from there.
    2004 WrX... injen short ram intake, invidia catless dp and invidia g200 CBE, lightwieght crank pulley, optima battery, HKS SSQ BOV, DBA cross drilled rotors, h&r coiolvers, whiteline endlinks and swaybars

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

put the stock bpv on. and are you tuned?
    03 WRB WRX STAGE II
    STi COMING SOON

BUGEYE MAFIA #199

LET ME QUOTE THE LATE COLONEL SANDERS " I'M TO DRUNK TO TASTE THIS CHICKEN . . ."

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 04 STi CLoNe View Post
    how will i know when my turbo is going out... i just intalled an hks ssq bov and after starting the car i threw a CEL and it idols high, like i have a vacuum leak but i found nothing and my boost only goes 2/3 of what it used to. im gonna put my stock BOV back on and see what happens. if no change happens ill have the CEL read and go from there.
    2004 WrX... injen short ram intake, invidia catless dp and invidia g200 CBE, lightwieght crank pulley, optima battery, HKS SSQ BOV, DBA cross drilled rotors, h&r coiolvers, whiteline endlinks and swaybars
    It's your cross drilled rotors that are causing it.

The problem is in red and the solution is in blue.

SSQVs are total pieces of ****. They are highly leak prone. Supposedly they just redesigned them though, but I cannot confirm it.

[edit] And as the previous person said, you better be tuned with those mods.
    Last edited by brfatal; 12-28-2008 at 10:49 PM.

It also jumps 1000rpms when accelerating moderately hard after depressing the clutch... i havent had it tuned yet because im putting in a VF39, walbro 255 fuel pump, 565cc injectors, and 07 sti uppipe (i have all this just havent had time to put it in yet) then ill have GarageGT tune my car.

you'll know your turbo is gone when you see blue smoke coming out of your exhaust or your hood.....and/or you hear your turbo making a whining noise.....listen to brfatal HKS SSQV cause your car to run rich between shifts and it makes the car real jerky

Yep, ditch the BOV. And if you had a vacuum leak, the engine would die, not idle high.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    It also jumps 1000rpms when accelerating moderately hard after depressing the clutch... i havent had it tuned yet because im putting in a VF39, walbro 255 fuel pump, 565cc injectors, and 07 sti uppipe (i have all this just havent had time to put it in yet) then ill have GarageGT tune my car.
    Your clutch is slipping.

Until you get tuned you need to stay out of boost.

i cant believe i missed this but hey it happens... i accedentally unplugged the throttle control cable and was a simple solution... car runs fine and it wasnt the BOV, but yes im do for a clutch soon... anyone know about what the labor cost for a clutch replacement?

i cant believe i missed this but hey it happens... i accedentally unplugged the throttle control cable and was a simple solution... car runs fine and it wasnt the BOV, but yes im do for a clutch soon... anyone know about what the labor cost for a clutch replacement?
    clutch is around 200 i think for a stock one....and labor is around 350-500 depending on where you go

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.