bad iddle and rough running after mods

This is a discussion on bad iddle and rough running after mods within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hi i just installed a turbo xs front mount and a megan header w/ up pipe and megan turbo back ...

bad iddle and rough running after mods

hi i just installed a turbo xs front mount and a megan header w/ up pipe and megan turbo back exhuast w/ high flow cat and i installed a cobb stage two access port and now my car would not stay running it would start then die. after 4 or 5 times of tring that it strated but was spuddering and missing basicly could not idle at any smooth rpm at all. The car keeps missing and spuddering i realy do not have any idea what is wrong could venting to to atmospher have anything to do with it? or does it sound like a vacum leak or maf sensor problem? has any1 had these problem as well

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by scott s View Post
    hi i just installed a turbo xs front mount and a megan header w/ up pipe and megan turbo back exhuast w/ high flow cat and i installed a cobb stage two access port and now my car would not stay running it would start then die. after 4 or 5 times of tring that it strated but was spuddering and missing basicly could not idle at any smooth rpm at all. The car keeps missing and spuddering i realy do not have any idea what is wrong could venting to to atmospher have anything to do with it? or does it sound like a vacum leak or maf sensor problem? has any1 had these problem as well
    try reflashing back to stock. See how that affects it. Also, get a OBDII Code reader (but your check engine light should go off if there is a problem with leaks or MAF.) The reader can tell you what is wrong if there is a CEL. Did you check the lines to the front mount to make sure nothings loose or leaking?

Is your intake stock? Also, if the headers are leaking, that might lead to a rough idle. Check for leaks around the headers. That hits me as the most important part of what you changed. If your car is dying after a start, your inter cooler might be the problem. I would just go back over all of the lines, make sure there are no leaks.
    07 Magnetic Black 350Z | AAM 3" Ti Single Exhaust | AAM Y-Pipe | AAM Test Pipes | AAM n/a Tune | Stance GR+ True Coilovers | SPC Camber Kits | Falken FK452 | Rota P45R |

Question

thanks for ur concern i put a megan header with the uppipe already on it and a megan down pipe it already had a megan cat back and i put a turbo xs front mount with txs short ram on . it had a aem cold air intake on be for and last of all a cobb access port on stage 2 and the turbo xs bov is on set to atmospher when i tried to start it i would start and die after like 5 tries it started but was running like **** spuddering and it was struggling to idle my access port will read and clear codes but it didnt through a code even after i got it running a a min

Thumbs up

thanks man i did figure it out it was the maf it was backwards idk i guess the two days straight at it got to me and i over looked it

thanks man i did figure it out it was the maf it was backwards idk i guess the two days straight at it got to me and i over looked it
    Punctuation?

good to hear. yeah, you gotta remember to be patient and take your time haha.
    07 Magnetic Black 350Z | AAM 3" Ti Single Exhaust | AAM Y-Pipe | AAM Test Pipes | AAM n/a Tune | Stance GR+ True Coilovers | SPC Camber Kits | Falken FK452 | Rota P45R |