bad iddle and rough running after mods
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on bad iddle and rough running after mods within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hi i just installed a turbo xs front mount and a megan header w/ up pipe and megan turbo back ...

bad iddle and rough running after mods

hi i just installed a turbo xs front mount and a megan header w/ up pipe and megan turbo back exhuast w/ high flow cat and i installed a cobb stage two access port and now my car would not stay running it would start then die. after 4 or 5 times of tring that it strated but was spuddering and missing basicly could not idle at any smooth rpm at all. The car keeps missing and spuddering i realy do not have any idea what is wrong could venting to to atmospher have anything to do with it? or does it sound like a vacum leak or maf sensor problem? has any1 had these problem as well

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by scott s View Post
    hi i just installed a turbo xs front mount and a megan header w/ up pipe and megan turbo back exhuast w/ high flow cat and i installed a cobb stage two access port and now my car would not stay running it would start then die. after 4 or 5 times of tring that it strated but was spuddering and missing basicly could not idle at any smooth rpm at all. The car keeps missing and spuddering i realy do not have any idea what is wrong could venting to to atmospher have anything to do with it? or does it sound like a vacum leak or maf sensor problem? has any1 had these problem as well
    try reflashing back to stock. See how that affects it. Also, get a OBDII Code reader (but your check engine light should go off if there is a problem with leaks or MAF.) The reader can tell you what is wrong if there is a CEL. Did you check the lines to the front mount to make sure nothings loose or leaking?

Is your intake stock? Also, if the headers are leaking, that might lead to a rough idle. Check for leaks around the headers. That hits me as the most important part of what you changed. If your car is dying after a start, your inter cooler might be the problem. I would just go back over all of the lines, make sure there are no leaks.
    07 Magnetic Black 350Z | AAM 3" Ti Single Exhaust | AAM Y-Pipe | AAM Test Pipes | AAM n/a Tune | Stance GR+ True Coilovers | SPC Camber Kits | Falken FK452 | Rota P45R |

Question

thanks for ur concern i put a megan header with the uppipe already on it and a megan down pipe it already had a megan cat back and i put a turbo xs front mount with txs short ram on . it had a aem cold air intake on be for and last of all a cobb access port on stage 2 and the turbo xs bov is on set to atmospher when i tried to start it i would start and die after like 5 tries it started but was running like **** spuddering and it was struggling to idle my access port will read and clear codes but it didnt through a code even after i got it running a a min

Thumbs up

thanks man i did figure it out it was the maf it was backwards idk i guess the two days straight at it got to me and i over looked it

thanks man i did figure it out it was the maf it was backwards idk i guess the two days straight at it got to me and i over looked it
    Punctuation?

good to hear. yeah, you gotta remember to be patient and take your time haha.
    07 Magnetic Black 350Z | AAM 3" Ti Single Exhaust | AAM Y-Pipe | AAM Test Pipes | AAM n/a Tune | Stance GR+ True Coilovers | SPC Camber Kits | Falken FK452 | Rota P45R |

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.