Coolant issues.

This is a discussion on Coolant issues. within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I frequently check my coolant considering, about every month or two its low, car is an 08 WRX, I drive ...

Coolant issues.

I frequently check my coolant considering, about every month or two its low, car is an 08 WRX, I drive it pretty hard but curious if its an issue with car or me.

Also do you need subaru coolant or will any high grade coolant work?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

if your 08 is just a WRX and not an STI yes any "green" coolant will do....however in 09 all Subaru vehicles come from the factory with the new "long life" super coolant.....also define low? the amount of coolant in the overflow does vary under certain conditions...is it at the low line or is the overflow completely empty? or are you talking about the radiator/surge tank being low?...if it seriously does worry you you could always take it to the dealer for a quick visual inspection/check over just to ease your mind (it should be under warranty still)
    Last edited by EvoEatr; 12-23-2008 at 03:42 PM.

Yeah its usually just at the LOW line in tank - I actually paid like $50 for a bottle of dealership coolant, meh.
    08 WRX Sedan
    the WRX is back! 340whp 366 tq @22psi

as long as it stays between the low and high line i consider it fine...man $50 for a bottle of coolant...dear lord thats unbelievable..at least it wasnt pre-mixed was it?...man i think that is the ultimate rip-off they charge you more for it and its 50% H20....