buyng a 2002 wrx with no o2 sensors.

This is a discussion on buyng a 2002 wrx with no o2 sensors. within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hi guys im a newb to the whole subie thing so no flames please. i did some searching but didnt ...

buyng a 2002 wrx with no o2 sensors.

hi guys im a newb to the whole subie thing so no flames please. i did some searching but didnt really find any awnsers to my problem.

the guy im buying my car from put an aftermarket up-pipe and a full megan exhaust for the car.

when i went to go look at the car it had a cel....i asked him about it and he siad it was an 02 code. but then he later tells me that there is no o2 connected at all. the only o2 he said was there when i texted him was one dangling on the front part of the car.

first question is do you only need the primary 02 sensor for this car?

second is he said there was no hole for the primary so where is the primary usually located and where should i put it.

thanks guys

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

bmp. help me.

the first 02 sensor screws into the front exhaust pipe coming out of the Cyl. Heads...if you remove the P/S front wheel you should be able to kind of see it screwed in there.....does he have an aftermarket exhaust or any other mods on the vehicle?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by stellhornata View Post
    hi guys im a newb to the whole subie thing so no flames please. i did some searching but didnt really find any awnsers to my problem.

the guy im buying my car from put an aftermarket up-pipe and a full megan exhaust for the car.

when i went to go look at the car it had a cel....i asked him about it and he siad it was an 02 code. but then he later tells me that there is no o2 connected at all. the only o2 he said was there when i texted him was one dangling on the front part of the car.

first question is do you only need the primary 02 sensor for this car?

second is he said there was no hole for the primary so where is the primary usually located and where should i put it.

thanks guys
    Uhhmm.....the front O2 sensor is probably the most important sensor on your car next to the MAF.That being said the moron you are possibly buying the car from maybe has mistaken the EGT sensor as an O2 sensor.Regardless you might want to pass on this car.Buying a modded WRX can turn into a nightmare if you are not very "mechanicly inclined" or have no experience working on OBD II cars and the originial owner had no idea what he was doing.Forums can only help you so much.

Impreza Manuals | ken-gilbert.com
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Dont buy the car...

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    If the car has no 02 sensor connected then it should be running like total crap. If the previous owner left them disconnected them I dread to think about what else is wrong with the car.

Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    if the car has no 02 sensor connected then it should be running like total crap. If the previous owner left them disconnected them i dread to think about what else is wrong with the car.
    +1