NO POWER!? help
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on NO POWER!? help within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ok i live in MN where yes its very cold. but i kno thats not whats causing my problem entirely... ...

NO POWER!? help

ok i live in MN where yes its very cold. but i kno thats not whats causing my problem entirely... in basically all gears the rpms shoot up and i can only accelerate very slowly. Its like the crankshaft is rotating but the power wont go to the wheels. then when i get up to about 70mph it starts shaking. idk what it is or what to do.

idk if certain wheels arent getting power or if that ever happens or what...

i'll end up bringing it in im sure but if anyone could help me that would be great.
    <------------ Pure unfiltered joy... 04 wrx stage III ** The Blobeye Syndicate **... #39----------------------------------->

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by The_Buck View Post
    ok i live in MN where yes its very cold. but i kno thats not whats causing my problem entirely... in basically all gears the rpms shoot up and i can only accelerate very slowly. Its like the crankshaft is rotating but the power wont go to the wheels. then when i get up to about 70mph it starts shaking. idk what it is or what to do.

idk if certain wheels arent getting power or if that ever happens or what...

i'll end up bringing it in im sure but if anyone could help me that would be great.
    clutch.
    Rogan: Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly.
    Mods List Build Thread
    Bugeye Mafia #196 High Mileage Club
    Fully Built EJ257 HYBRID & JDM STI 6-Speed

Miniature Awesomness

+1...push it a bit, then turn the car off and smell...smell clutch?
    Movn' on up to an '06 WRX
    Vf-39 all the way!

Love to build 'em, just to ship 'em out and start all over!

I got friends in cyberspace, so I must be cool, right?
    Facebook / Myspace

If it is a 5 / 6 speed - Clutch

If it is a 4EAT - Torque Converter
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
    - Winston Churchill

Ah, the patter of little feet around the house. There's nothing like having a midget for a butler.

I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.
    - W.C. Fields

your clutch is basically gone. the disks have no grip left yah digg? get it towed and get a new clutch bro

ok i can still drive it. i dont unless i have to but yeah that would make sense.

well if the clutch has to be replaced any sugestions as to what to replace it with? or is a stock replacement alright?

thanx for the help.
    <------------ Pure unfiltered joy... 04 wrx stage III ** The Blobeye Syndicate **... #39----------------------------------->

Stock is just fine.
    Rogan: Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly.
    Mods List Build Thread
    Bugeye Mafia #196 High Mileage Club
    Fully Built EJ257 HYBRID & JDM STI 6-Speed

Miniature Awesomness

ok thanks, im gonna take it in n see into doin that.

+1 on the mods you're running. I'd say a $500 job perhaps?
    Vf-39 all the way!

Facebook / Myspace

i havent brought my car in for fixing yet, is it worth bringing to the subaru dealer or would it be cheaper other places.

i kno it depends on the area and the shop, but i was wondering what you guys have experienced...

well it depends on your situation:
    Do you have a warrantee or the factory warrantee?
    Do you know of the local shop's (dealer of no) reputation?
    Ask around and see what the local tuners / Clubwrxers say about the shops in your area. That'll be your best bet...
    Vf-39 all the way!

Facebook / Myspace

k i gotcha...
    well tintmasters is where a lot of ppl tell me to go but he quoted me $1000 for a stage I clutch, so thats kind of a lot..
    but i'll keep asking.
    thanks

2 bent rear axle control arms and one popped out of the socket. $1500 minimum fix.

My car did this too...Soon as the weather changed to cold the clutch would slip and then when I would go about 65 70 it would feel like my wheels were wobbling.. And then one day it just stopped and never came back. Its weird cause it would do it one day and not the other day but finally it stopped doing it...
    02PSMWRX VF39'd STI Killer
    Wingl3ssAlli@nce#27

Might wanna get that checked out man. eventually it can come back and bite u in the ass.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.