Possible Knock sensor problem on WRX!! Please help!!!

This is a discussion on Possible Knock sensor problem on WRX!! Please help!!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; On my 1993 WRX i had a cel come on, had it checked using the following site under ecu reset ...

Exclamation Possible Knock sensor problem on WRX!! Please help!!!

On my 1993 WRX i had a cel come on, had it checked using the following site under ecu reset on the help page: JollyGreenMonster.co.uk
    and have found that the cel flashes slowly twice and then fast twice, so from this im assuming its 22 on that list.
    Which shows knock sensor?
    Any one changed one of these before, is it a hard job, and what costs would i be looking at??

Thanks in advance..
    Last edited by az_e11; 12-09-2008 at 07:59 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

on those early subarus the knock sensor should still be on top of the engine block behind the intake runners(obviously check the wiring before you go replacing parts)...i believe its is a single 12mm socket (at lest in the US it is) with a long extension and you should be able to get to it......not to sure how your engine is set up on the early WRX's so you may have to remove your TMIC if you have one....its shouldnt be a hard job at all....its one connector and one bolt....just make sure when you put the new Knock Sensor in that the electrical connector is facing the same direction....also dont overtighten it....i know here in the states the reason these knock sensors USUALLY go bad is because they crack on the bottom of the sensor.....
    Last edited by EvoEatr; 12-09-2008 at 02:57 PM.