Jerking occasionally while cruising?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Jerking occasionally while cruising? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Cruising on the highway today, and my Rex would shudder/jerk for a split second every now and then. I was ...

Question Jerking occasionally while cruising?

Cruising on the highway today, and my Rex would shudder/jerk for a split second every now and then. I was thinking it might be because I was getting low on gas (just above the E mark), but there was no low fuel light (if there even is one). I found the closest gas station, put in some STP fuel cleaner, and filled it up with 11 gallons of 91 octane. It hesitated again on the way home, so I'm hoping it was just some gunk at the bottom of the tank.

Any ideas? Is there a low fuel warning light (it's 2 degrees out, and am too lazy to go check the manual)?
    New owner of '07 WRX TR. Modest newbie modder, until I'm hooked and the warranty is gone.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I've jerked once or twice while driving, but never in a manual...

That would be the good kind of jerking. I'm not getting any pay-off from this one.
    New owner of '07 WRX TR. Modest newbie modder, until I'm hooked and the warranty is gone.

I Support ClubWRX
    check/clean the MAF sensor.
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

Checked the air filter box, and there was a little bit of ice/slush at the bottom. Removed it and have driven about 150 miles with no hiccuping... we'll see how it goes.

Fuel pump

look into getting a new fuel pump. This happened to my 03 wrx on my way home from one of my trips and stopped for a while then continued later on. Once I replaced the pump, I had no more problems.

Mr. Towers

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RexNEffect View Post
    Checked the air filter box, and there was a little bit of ice/slush at the bottom. Removed it and have driven about 150 miles with no hiccuping... we'll see how it goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by cool View Post
    look into getting a new fuel pump. This happened to my 03 wrx on my way home from one of my trips and stopped for a while then continued later on. Once I replaced the pump, I had no more problems.

Mr. Towers
    I've seen/heard this issue, many times, as well. But appears his issue was crap in the airbox.
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.