snow accident
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on snow accident within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey whats up guys? last night wasnt a good night for me or my wrx. i was on my way ...

Thumbs down snow accident

hey whats up guys?
    last night wasnt a good night for me or my wrx. i was on my way home from the movies and its was snowing alot. pulled into where i live, went to drop my gf off at her car and i felt like a was starting to slide, long story short i countersteered, didnt work, hit a tree. surprisingly it wasnt that bad. no airbags, and neither of us were hurt, minus a small headache, just hit drivers side front fender, has nasty scrapes and like 2-3 dents. what f*ucked up my car was hitting the curb. Now my tire is set back a good couple inches, and rubs against the back fender lining. i was able to drive home on it (2-3 blocks), but its deff not safe to go out and drive any where else. Here are some pics, let me know what u think.

its on stands now, i think i am going to take the tire off and see whats wrong down there. Any other suggestions? (sorry for the crappy iphone pics, cant find my camera at the moment)
    RIP- Integra
    DD- WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Control arm.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

I Support ClubWRX
    That poor curb. How was it? Did it run away, or did you have to call the game warden?

Quote Originally Posted by wrx wagone View Post
    Control arm.
    upper control arm?

and do u think i would e able to fix it, or do i need to buy a brend new one?

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    That poor curb. How was it? Did it run away, or did you have to call the game warden?
    wtf r u talking about ?
    RIP- Integra
    DD- WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty2Fly View Post
    upper control arm?

and do u think i would e able to fix it, or do i need to buy a brend new one?

Your car doesn't have an upper control arm. It has a lower control arm. And yes, you will either have to buy a new, or used replacement. I don't know if you can fix it, I am unaware of your abilities.

wtf r u talking about ?
    The poor defenseless curb that you ran over.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    Your car doesn't have an upper control arm. It has a lower control arm. And yes, you will either have to buy a new, or used replacement. I don't know if you can fix it, I am unaware of your abilities.

The poor defenseless curb that you ran over.
    its the front drivers side tho,soooo ??? whats that mean u confused me, lol sorry
    and yeah i know i dont think that the curb minded much
    RIP- Integra
    DD- WRX

its the front drivers side tho,soooo ??? whats that mean u confused me, lol sorry
    I think your first step would be to actually look at the damage. Your car has ONE control arm per side.

I think your first step would be to actually look at the damage. Your car has ONE control arm per side.
    i did look at the damage, its sitting in my garage on stands with that tire off, i cant really see anything that is bent at all, and one? i went from an acura having the lca and ulcas, this only has one? im retarded
    RIP- Integra
    DD- WRX

i did look at the damage, its sitting in my garage on stands with that tire off, i cant really see anything that is bent at all, and one? i went from an acura having the lca and ulcas, this only has one? im retarded
    wat?

You obviously didn't take the wheel off and look. If you did you would see the following:

1. One control arm.

2. Said control arm shaped like a pretzel.
    Last edited by wrx wagone; 12-06-2008 at 10:59 AM.

wat?
    1) car is on stands with tire off
    2) i actually looked at the damage
    3) i had an acura where the lcas were in the back not the front
    4) how can u have only one control arm for the entire car?
    RIP- Integra
    DD- WRX

4) how can u have only one control arm for the entire car?
    Welcome to MacPherson struts. MacPherson strut - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ohhhh ok, i understand now
    RIP- Integra
    DD- WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    When you get the car fixed...find an empty parking lot and learn how to drive this car in poor conditions.

Oddly enough...if the speeds werent really high staying in the throttle and steering probably would have served you better.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

how fast were you going when you hit the curb? and have you checked your strut or your knuckle or even possibly your sway bar link. This type of "minor" accident can be something massive. i would suggest taking it to the dealer so they can throw it on the alignment rack to see what parts are bent...worst case scenario your subframe could be bent. get it checked
    God created turbo lag to give V-8's a chance

Quote Originally Posted by msedillo View Post
    how fast were you going when you hit the curb? and have you checked your strut or your knuckle or even possibly your sway bar link. This type of "minor" accident can be something massive. i would suggest taking it to the dealer so they can throw it on the alignment rack to see what parts are bent...worst case scenario your subframe could be bent. get it checked
    um i started to slide a lil i was going 20, accelerated trying to counter steer, so prolly like 30 ish ? and i think the sway bar link is messed up, from what i could visibly see and i just got home from watching my car get towed to a suby dealership
    RIP- Integra
    DD- WRX

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast