getting hot rex? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on getting hot rex? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by mjaenke I'm afraid my thermostat is stuck too. The funny thing is i don't know how long ...

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mjaenke View Post
    I'm afraid my thermostat is stuck too. The funny thing is i don't know how long its been stuck. Recently i did the throttle body bypass mod and lost a little coolant. Apparently it was enough to cause an air bubble in my system which made the engine temp creep up. Burped the system and all is well with the gauge. I don't think my cooling systems problems are solved because even after 20 mins of spirited driving this evening my lower radiator hose is at ambient temp (first time i've ever felt it). I have an 04 WRX with 93k miles. My heater has always blown VERY hot since i bought it. I think i'm going to go with the mishimoto 60C thermostat. I pretty much just made this post so people could search it but any feedback is appreciated.

Don't go with an aftermarket thermostat, standard Subaru's are just fine.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Well i decided to do a stock thermostat since i'm mostly stock and after reading up on it. I'm draining my radiator right now prepping for the install.... but the coolant isn't draining out of the radiator! The plug is pulled and about a gallon came out but under the radiator cap i can still see the fluid. Could this be a plugged radiator? I have the car jacked up on the drivers side only if that matters with this car. Please help! Thanks!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.