Fuel Pump

This is a discussion on Fuel Pump within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; How difficult is it to replace the fuel pump in an 06 WRX?...

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX

Fuel Pump

How difficult is it to replace the fuel pump in an 06 WRX?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

here you go man its not hard it took me about 45min in and out on my 02 idk if there in the same spot but heres a link
    FUEL PUMP INSTALL

I Support ClubWRX
    awesome thanks. now i just need to locate the location of the pump.

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Under the rear seat. You need to remove the cushion.
    Rogan: Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly.
    Mods List Build Thread
    Bugeye Mafia #196 High Mileage Club
    Fully Built EJ257 HYBRID & JDM STI 6-Speed

Miniature Awesomness

seriuosly, I did this with that same writeup. It took me less then 40 minutes. I highly recommend you do it outside and not in a garage. You will get a crap load of fumes. My recommendation: do it when you feul light comes on. The less fuel you have the better. You can always stop and get a gallon of gas in a gas can prior, and fill her up after the install is complete. The hardest part is the rotation it takes to get the pump assembly out of the hole. REMEMBER that exact same sequence to put it back! else you'll be scratching your head!
    Movn' on up to an '06 WRX
    Vf-39 all the way!

Love to build 'em, just to ship 'em out and start all over!

I got friends in cyberspace, so I must be cool, right?
    Facebook / Myspace

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    2 bolts to take off the bottom of the seat, 4 to take off the back of the seat. Its located fairly central (peel the rear trunk carpet back) but closer to the passenger side. AND DON"T FORGET TO RELEIVE THE PRESSURE FIRST!!!
    Vf-39 all the way!

Facebook / Myspace

It's easy. Pull the seats, open the cover on the passenger side, open the gas cap, BLOW OFF THE DIRT UNDER THE COVER, disconnect the electrical and gas lines, open the tank, carefully remove the pump assembly, replace the pump. Put everything back together.

Also, if you are replacing it with a Walbro 255 you need to be careful not to let the tank drop below 1/4. The Walbro is cooled by the surrounding fuel and can burn up if it isn't cooled. Walbro doesn't warranty the pump either so it's up to you.
    Last edited by 03CrazyTaxi; 12-03-2008 at 11:52 AM.
    VF34'd Corvette Killer
    Bugeye Mafia Member #188

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Truckster27 View Post
    seriuosly, I did this with that same writeup. It took me less then 40 minutes. I highly recommend you do it outside and not in a garage. You will get a crap load of fumes. My recommendation: do it when you feul light comes on. The less fuel you have the better. You can always stop and get a gallon of gas in a gas can prior, and fill her up after the install is complete. The hardest part is the rotation it takes to get the pump assembly out of the hole. REMEMBER that exact same sequence to put it back! else you'll be scratching your head!
    I'd love to do that with you know...not very much gas...unfortunately my car has already decided to die on me. haha. But thanks for all the info guys.

Quote Originally Posted by 03CrazyTaxi View Post
    It's easy. Pull the seats, open the cover on the passenger side, open the gas cap, BLOW OFF THE DIRT UNDER THE COVER, disconnect the electrical and gas lines, open the tank, carefully remove the pump assembly, replace the pump. Put everything back together.

Also, if you are replacing it with a Walbro 255 you need to be careful not to let the tank drop below 1/4. The Walbro is cooled by the surrounding fuel and can burn up if it isn't cooled. Walbro doesn't warranty the pump either so it's up to you.
    Wow, I didn't know that....thanks for the tip! I got the pump without the instructions and such, so never knew that condition!
    Vf-39 all the way!

Facebook / Myspace

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 03CrazyTaxi View Post

Shouldn't be a problem. I usually don't let the tank go under 1/4 as it is. I don't like getting stranded places.

Your fuel pump on the 06 went out as well? Interesting.