STI gonna DIE need HELP before i CRY
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on STI gonna DIE need HELP before i CRY within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So my 04 sti is messed up. I can slam the throttle wide and it will only jump to 1500rpm! ...

STI gonna DIE need HELP before i CRY

So my 04 sti is messed up. I can slam the throttle wide and it will only jump to 1500rpm! and bog back down, jumps between 1500rpm and 500 popin like a snowblower. throwin codes. P0171/
    p0131 and P0031. Sounds like a bad boost leak or knock sensor to me p0171 is system too lean. Car is screwed. Can get it up to 3000rpm if i tap the throttle fast like im drifting. Took off TMIC to check inlet pipe vaccume lines boost gauge line , ect. Anyone have anymore ideas or have had this happen to them? before i take her in to the tune shop, for a bank rape? Put her back to stock When the madness started.

04 sti Stg 2 COBB (butt dyno)/ Bosal catless exhaust/ Cobb DP.
    Last edited by wrxsti04gt35r; 12-03-2008 at 09:28 AM.
    MISUBIE.com - the michigan subaru fourm.

Stg 2 sti 2004. COBB DP/ Bosal CLE.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Do a compression check.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

don't have the neccisary machines. Calling in the flat bed 2marow. MAN DOWN.
    MISUBIE.com - the michigan subaru fourm.

Stg 2 sti 2004. COBB DP/ Bosal CLE.

Is it making a puffing sound? And if you sit still can you see any burn off coming from the engine? (doesn't have to be tons)

The head stud on my Idle rocker snapped on my old Eclipse and that's exactly how she acted...

I was losing compression and wound up having to get new piston rings as well...

Judging by the codes, front o2 sensor and maybe a vacuum/boost leak. Good luck.
    VF34'd Corvette Killer
    Bugeye Mafia Member #188

have you check your hoses and have you checked the MAF sensor

it could be an o2 sensor but idk it wont affect the car that bad most likley your car would run a little rich

what did you do that made it do this any recent upgrades?

I am going to say i think the g35r took tole on your engine.....

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.