low transmission fluid 02 wrx automatic

This is a discussion on low transmission fluid 02 wrx automatic within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just got my 02 wrx about a month ago with 63k, yesterday I checked the transmission (automatic) fluid and ...

low transmission fluid 02 wrx automatic

I just got my 02 wrx about a month ago with 63k, yesterday I checked the transmission (automatic) fluid and it's low. Since I don't know what oil it already has, do you guys think I should replace all of it or just fill it, either way witch oil should I use? ..................oh yeah I almost forgot, how difficult is it to replace the oil?
    I'm a little afraid to change the oil on this transmission, I had the oil change on my old grand am gt 72k and the tranny was never the same, then a mechanic told me that it's very common on automatic trannys to act weird after and oil change.......I thought that was weird.

Thanks guys

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

did you get any maintenence records with it? 60K is generally time for new plugs, pcv, coolant, and auto trans fluid change. If you have the money and want to play it safe, just get a new crush washer and 4 quarts of subaru ATF at your local dealership (4EAT trans fluid in the white bottles). It's like an oil change, drain and fill. 17mm socket on the drainplug.

I always check trans fluid when car is running and in neutral.
    Last edited by 06WRXturbo; 11-28-2008 at 09:18 PM.

No I didn't get any maintenance record.
    I guess I should check the tranny fluid while the car is running?

yes check the fluid with the vehicle running on a level surface...also as 06WRXturbo mentioned....if you didnt get any main. records with the car it prob. couldnt hurt at all do head to the dealer or your local shop and get a 60k done.....