Water leaking in interior

This is a discussion on Water leaking in interior within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just wanted to see if anyone had some input. I took my car back to subaru last sat. and they ...

Water leaking in interior

Just wanted to see if anyone had some input. I took my car back to subaru last sat. and they said they fixed it. Today, it started back up again. Leaking water from the under the pass. side dash. Of course only when I run any of the heat or air it happens. I just dropped it back off and the guy had an attitude. Probobly because I had one. The car has 8600 mile on it. 2008 wrx. Just curious if this has happened to anyone else out there?
    -Stink-Eye Mob #51-
    08' SEDAN
    SPT CAT BACK

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Heater core...........?????????

Thats what I thought at first. But when that happened to my ford p/u, it was coolant that came out.

Plus, with 8600 miles on it?
    -Stink-Eye Mob #51-
    08' SEDAN
    SPT CAT BACK

Drain to outside of fire wall plugged, it's by the down pipe. Sometimes some aftermarket down pipes can bent or melt it.
    '02 WRX 4EAT, 311,000KMs/194,500Miles, Sold. Best car I ever had. '09 STi stage 1, hope this one will be good too...

+1 EVAP water drain is clogged...extremely common....we just stick a blow gun up the hose with shop air and it usually unclogs

Now if my local Subaru Dealership would know that. I'd do it myself but my current lack of a "shop" won't allow me to do that
    -Stink-Eye Mob #51-
    08' SEDAN
    SPT CAT BACK

man...if they dont know that id be taking my Suby to another shop...lol...good luck with it man....

update, had to go pick my car up today. They need to call the subaru tech hot line and it's not open on weekends. So I guess they will call me with a new appointment time next week when they know how to fix it. I mentioned the forced air thing and they said that was the first thing they tried. Don't know what to think now
    -Stink-Eye Mob #51-
    08' SEDAN
    SPT CAT BACK