Paper filter change interval?

View Poll Results: How many miles do you go between new filters?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Every 10k miles or less

0 0%
  • Every 15k miles

2 33.33%
  • Every 20k miles

0 0%
  • Every 25k miles

0 0%
  • Every 30k miles

1 16.67%
  • Air filter? You have to change that?

0 0%
  • I love boobs

3 50.00%

This is a discussion on Paper filter change interval? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm just curious how many miles people change their paper filter at if they're using a regular filter (NOT oiled!!!!!). ...

Paper filter change interval?

I'm just curious how many miles people change their paper filter at if they're using a regular filter (NOT oiled!!!!!). I check mine about every 5k miles and change it every 10-15k. Yes, I know that's not really necessary but for a $10 part that is critical to engine performance, I'll spend a few extra bucks! And do you use the stock filter or STP or what brand? I use the STP.

For the poll, pick the mileage that's closest to your change interval.
    Last edited by teflon_jones; 11-24-2008 at 06:23 PM.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Strictly by the book except when there are fires around. At least twice in the past two years ashes have been visible absolutely everywhere -- covering the car, the house, the yard etc. At that point I just wait until there's an opportunity and change the air filter anyway.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Every other oil change, I look at my filter and try to determine whether or not it needs to be changed. It usually lasts 12-15k miles
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC