Best gas for the car
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Best gas for the car within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey guys, i was wondering which gas companies do u guys prefer for ur wrx/sti.....i mean of course the top ...

Best gas for the car

hey guys, i was wondering which gas companies do u guys prefer for ur wrx/sti.....i mean of course the top ones are the obvious choice like mobile, exxon, bp, hess, etc.....but you know sometimes there is a good sale in other gas stations. what u guys think about gas from Gulf. around here in nyc, there is one in particular Gulf always has the lowest 93 price so sometimes i go there. but of course i avoid all the cheapest ones esp the ones with names i never even heard of.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I usually stick with either Exxon or BP. Sometimes Lukoil.

The BP around the corner from me in Asbury Park had 93 for $1.99 when I was driving home on Friday.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

Unfortunately, here in Greenville we don't really have any of the "good" companies (Shell, BP). We have Hess, Sam's Club, Sheetz, and Kangaroo. I usually just get Sam's gas (because it's cheapest and I'm a poor college student) but a buddy of mine swears by Shell V-Power. That's all he runs in his '05 STi.
    Rogan: Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly.
    Mods List Build Thread
    Bugeye Mafia #196 High Mileage Club
    Fully Built EJ257 HYBRID & JDM STI 6-Speed

Miniature Awesomness

I don't go for brand, but do look for 100% gas NO Ethanol. It's pretty hard to find any more

yea i usually go with hess, mobile sometimes depending on price or gulf but i dont know how good gulf is.....and yea guys i def hear good things about V-power at shell.......its supposed to be very good

v-power is what i normaly use. but i've come to realize that hess gas for some reason seems to last longer then shell or sunoco. i would drive the same with hess gas as with the v-power and id always seem to get a few extra miles out of it.
    03 WRB WRX STAGE II
    STi COMING SOON

BUGEYE MAFIA #199

LET ME QUOTE THE LATE COLONEL SANDERS " I'M TO DRUNK TO TASTE THIS CHICKEN . . ."

i use whatever 93 i can get the cheapest lol, but usually its hess or valero

Quote Originally Posted by atrizzzie View Post
    i use whatever 93 i can get the cheapest lol, but usually its hess or valero
    i know man same here.....i try to get the "good" brands as much as possible but due to price of course, sometimes I get gulf but usually try to stick with hess cause they seem to have somewhat of the cheapest prices amongst the decent gas stations....well in my area atleast.

I go for whatever gas station is nearby when my gas light is on. I've never noticed a power or MPG difference from any particular brand of gas and I track my mileage on every single tank of gas I buy.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

I used to use only the bp gas but i put in v-power the other day and have noticed a huge difference. idk about the MPG yet but the power is great and the shell gas is supposed to clean the engine and keep it clean. Thats what id go with
    <------------ Pure unfiltered joy... 04 wrx stage III ** The Blobeye Syndicate **... #39----------------------------------->

Quote Originally Posted by The_Buck View Post
    I used to use only the bp gas but i put in v-power the other day and have noticed a huge difference. idk about the MPG yet but the power is great and the shell gas is supposed to clean the engine and keep it clean. Thats what id go with
    yea man i hear the same thing....i know ppl who swears by it. i wish shell gas would go down a bit. still kinda exp comparing to other decent brands. but i guess that what u have to pay if u want quality product.

yeah i kno what u mean. but premium is already more than reg so i try not to think about the extra pennies adding up... plus i like gas that makes driving more fun. u kno how it is
    <------------ Pure unfiltered joy... 04 wrx stage III ** The Blobeye Syndicate **... #39----------------------------------->

It seems to me that the car runs ever so slightly better on Chevron. Maybe it's just my imagination but the chevron station is near by anyway so why not.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

wat u guys think about Gulf? is their gas pretty crappy? around the queens area, there's one particular Gulf station which seems to have the lowest 93 prices.

there is a hess right near my house and they usually have pretty decent prices.

honestly, all gasoline companies use the same type of gasoline. The only difference is the additives that are added to them. Gasoline is sold among different gas companies so many times before it gets to the customers that it doesnt even really make a difference. Personally i wouldnt go with a "no name" company though lol. I go to mobil or shell because those are the cheapest ones near my area.

Shell and mobil are pretty much identical since they use the same additives.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast