2008 STI problem with CD player

This is a discussion on 2008 STI problem with CD player within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a new STI with 550 miles on it. My problem with the radio is when I try loading ...

2008 STI problem with CD player

I have a new STI with 550 miles on it. My problem with the radio is when I try loading a CD it keeps telling me to push eject. I cannot tell if there is a CD stuck in there or the player is broken. Any way to reset the player or do I need to take it to the dealer?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

My CD player was changing disks (6 CD model) when I hit a nasty bump in the road. It aparently locked the changer up and only displayed "Eject" on the screen.

I stopped by the dealer the next day on the way to work and asked about it and they replaced it for free the next day in about 20 min. They sent in the changer to get the CDs pulled out and had them waiting for me at my next oil change.

I would suggest you call the dealer, tell them the problem, and ask for an appointment to have it fixed or changed out since you are well within the general warranty.