best tranny fluid for a 2002 wrx?

This is a discussion on best tranny fluid for a 2002 wrx? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Yes ive read a couple hundred threads on this issue, maybe im more confused now? haha. Winter is starting here ...

best tranny fluid for a 2002 wrx?

Yes ive read a couple hundred threads on this issue, maybe im more confused now? haha. Winter is starting here in NY, my car doesnt like to shift into 1st unless its almost at a standstill. Obviously id like to elminate this issue with tranny fluid if possible. Whats the reccomendation? thx for any info.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

DUB
    Quote Originally Posted by freethinker1972 View Post
    Yes ive read a couple hundred threads on this issue, maybe im more confused now?
    What do you think we are going to tell you that you haven't already read in those other tranny fluid threads? If you are still confused go back and read them again.

IF u dont have anything constructive to say what dont u just shut ur mouth-LOSER, go post another 5k posts MONKEY!

DUB
    I did say something constructive. The topic of transmission fluid has been discussed one million times over already. No one is going to say anything in your new thread that hasn't already been said before.

I Support ClubWRX
    Yes ive read a couple hundred threads on this issue, maybe im more confused now? haha. Winter is starting here in NY, my car doesnt like to shift into 1st unless its almost at a standstill. Obviously id like to elminate this issue with tranny fluid if possible. Whats the reccomendation? thx for any info.
    Quote Originally Posted by DUB View Post
    What do you think we are going to tell you that you haven't already read in those other tranny fluid threads? If you are still confused go back and read them again.
    Yes ive read a couple hundred threads on this issue, maybe im more confused now?
    Then why did (we) I bother with this ...

2 quarts Redline Synthetic Shockproof / ~1.7 quarts Redline 75-90W NS
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

If your not shure OEM is always the best but if you want a synthetic blend then

I have Motul Gear300 75W90 on my car right now...

if it works for the pros it works for me.

Gear300 75W90 Turn In Concepts
    Hawk-Eye Alliance#8089
    MODS LIST

2 quarts Redline Synthetic Shockproof / ~1.7 quarts Redline 75-90W NS[/QUOTE]

use this same blend in the differential? I assume the lightweight shockproof? thx

Used the double redline mix, I'm very happy with it. I can now put it into 1st above 5mph(lol), made the downshift at 20+. Shifts much smoother and absolutley no grinding or metal catching. My subey is an 02 wrx with 71k miles, just purchased. Very impressed with the car over-all, and this tranny fluid/rear differential oil swap is fantastic!
    thx for the info!