steering squeaks when I turn

This is a discussion on steering squeaks when I turn within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey guys I got a 02 wrx and today the steering started squeaking when I turn the wheel, it's not ...

steering squeaks when I turn

hey guys I got a 02 wrx and today the steering started squeaking when I turn the wheel, it's not loud at all but i hear it when I slowly turn. could this be the pump or a belt?

thanks guys!!!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

hey i have been having a similar problem but only when its cold out and my car isnt warmed up. i have an 05 wrx and it sounds like the sound when u drive fast in reverse but its louder and higher pitched. its really annoying and if its a belt or pully or bearing at probably isnt good and im goin to get mine fixed this week hopefully.

If it inly happen when its cold its definitiley a belt. They arent to expensive at all. Something to do just to help it for the mean time is find out which belt that it the sounds is coming from and rub a bar of soap on it so it can ease the sound
    God created turbo lag to give V-8's a chance

you know! I'm in Jersey and the temp just dropped this past sunday. this weekend hopefully i can work on it..........thanks fellas!