Brake shake

This is a discussion on Brake shake within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hi i have an 06 wrx and i once again have brake shake after putting new oem pads and EBC ...

Brake shake

hi i have an 06 wrx and i once again have brake shake after putting new oem pads and EBC rotors on. im sure its not due to the way i drive casue i am not hard on my brakes at all...any suggestions on how to fix this for good?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

do you feel it pulsating in the seat at all...or just the steering wheel and brake pedal?....are you sure its the brakes....when you feel the pulsation your rotors are warped.....or you have another problem not related to brakes.....but you dont really have a choice if your rotors are out of round but to machine them or replace them......just curious...when you do install your new rotors do you clean off the existing rust on the hub with an angle grinder or anything? i have heard if you dont clean off this rust/debris the rotor doesnt sit properly and will end up warping again....

im not sure my older brother did them, im sure he did them right cause thats what he does for a living. im pretty sure they are warped i just wanna fix them and have it not happen again.

If they're not badly warped, they can be fixed by grinding them down. I wouldn't do this with an older set of rotors but on a new set of rotors like you have, you can safely grind some material off. You'll just get one set of pad's wear out of them instead of the normal two. If they are badly warped, then the only solution is to replace them.

I'd call them badly warped if you aren't comfortable letting go of the wheel while braking hard at 30 mph. If you are comfortable braking hard at 30 mph without holding the wheel, I'd say they're lightly warped. Very scientific huh?
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

they are dimpled and slotted....no machining