Replacing clutches- price?

This is a discussion on Replacing clutches- price? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My dad likes to take my '04 Sti out. One day he was driving and he ended up getting stuck ...

Replacing clutches- price?

My dad likes to take my '04 Sti out. One day he was driving and he ended up getting stuck in a road...having to get it towed to a dealership because it wouldn't run. The car was on but wouldn't accelerate. I don't know much detail other then that, but the thing I'm concerned with is that the dealership said they would need to replace the clutch, and said the price would be near $2k or over. I don't feel that's right, but can anyone tell me otherwise? Then again I could have just heard wrong.
    Also does anyone know how long it would take a Subaru dealership to replace the clutches? Its been over a week in their care.They said they had to wait for the parts to be shipped there(they should have received it on the 13th). Any answers will be helpful, thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Last time I had a clutch replaced was about two years ago in my nissan. It was at a little shop, and they only charged me 1750 for clutch and rebuilding the tranny. But you definitely get what you pay for. It wasn't that great of a job, and I had a lot of problems getting the car back and all that. It ended up taking about two weeks total.

But GL getting your car back all fixed up. I hope my crazy rambling helped out a little bit lol
    King Dustin
    Bugeye Mafia # 195
    Cobb Stage 2
    2002 PSM WRX

"
    Life's simple, you make choices and you don't look back. "

Thanks for the quick reply I'll sleep better now!

That's always a good thing I would trust a dealership's work, but sometimes they do overcharge a little
    King Dustin
    Bugeye Mafia # 195
    Cobb Stage 2
    2002 PSM WRX

"
    Life's simple, you make choices and you don't look back. "