New Oil Filters

This is a discussion on New Oil Filters within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Started seeing the new blue oil filters I read about on subarunet a while back. They got even smaller and ...

New Oil Filters

Started seeing the new blue oil filters I read about on subarunet a while back. They got even smaller and are made by Honeywell. They feel a little different when tightening than the black ones. seems like a couple less rotations to tighten it fully. I have a couple black ones laying around i'll use while I see how the new ones do. anyone else seen them yet? thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

yea they just got them at my dealership also....i noticed they dont come in a box anymore either....mmmm..way to save money?? havent used any yet though...we have like a stockpile of the black ones....do you know if they just changed the 4 cyl.. or 6 cyl too?
    Last edited by EvoEatr; 11-14-2008 at 05:44 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by EvoEatr View Post
    yea they just got them at my dealership also....i noticed they dont come in a box anymore either....mmmm..way to save money??
    Do you consider the lack of a box a negative?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

no not at all....i guess a good way to save money....i just think the new blue ones look a little "generic".....

DUB
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Do you consider the lack of a box a negative?
    I have no idea why, but that seriously made me lol.