Heated Seats - Timer?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Heated Seats - Timer? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; 08 WRX, I am sure that the seat heaters stayed on indefinitely last winter, but now they are swithcing off ...

Heated Seats - Timer?

08 WRX, I am sure that the seat heaters stayed on indefinitely last winter, but now they are swithcing off after around 15 minutes. Does anyone with this car know if there is a timer on the heated seats? It doesn't say anything in the book :|

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The heated seats should not shut off until the switch is flipped off.
    Time for you to make a date with the dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy96gase View Post
    The heated seats should not shut off until the switch is flipped off.
    Time for you to make a date with the dealer.
    Sounds like. Cheers.

Subaru have taken a look and tell me that there is a cut-off switch for when the heat gets to a certain temperature (08 onwards). I don't recall this happening when the car was new. Can someone with an 08 tell me if their heater cuts off within 15 mins when set to high?

Cheers.

I cant speak for the newer generation imprezas, but i have had both an '05 and now currently an '06 wrx sedan - both with the premium package that included heated seats. The heated seats work in a cycle, they get hot and then shut themselves off for a couple minutes, and then turn on again. Its to prevent them from overheating. Both my wrx's behaved this way.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    nah i dont have a problem with spelling, i just play a lot of world of warcraft and thats how people type in that game.

Ive noticed the same in mine, probably so you dont fry the heaters or your arse.
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

Thanks, that means there is nothing wrong with mine then.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Logics View Post
    Thanks, that means there is nothing wrong with mine then.
    I would agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    nah i dont have a problem with spelling, i just play a lot of world of warcraft and thats how people type in that game.

Quote Originally Posted by lordcon View Post
    I cant speak for the newer generation imprezas, but i have had both an '05 and now currently an '06 wrx sedan - both with the premium package that included heated seats. The heated seats work in a cycle, they get hot and then shut themselves off for a couple minutes, and then turn on again. Its to prevent them from overheating. Both my wrx's behaved this way.
    Ditto in my '06 wagon

Quote Originally Posted by lordcon View Post
    same thing with mine

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.