Mobil 1 syntech problem - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Mobil 1 syntech problem within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; People often neglect basic maintenance when it comes to some things, such as checking adjustment thresholds of things like cables. ...

People often neglect basic maintenance when it comes to some things, such as checking adjustment thresholds of things like cables. My first RR was a new 05 and I had it for 2 years and never had to adjust anything on it b/c when I sold it it had less then 10K on it. My current 06 RR had 24K on it when I picked it up last summer so Ive been more focused on doing all the little things now maintenance wise to make sure it runs and rides for as long as I want to have it. I'm going to have the valve clearance check done later this spring and I'll have them make sure all the things such as the cables are all in spec of the "free play" guidelines.
    2007 WRX STI- Stock 13.8@102

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
    It's a sliding scale. Colder/temperate climates should use 5W30 year-round. In warmer regions like SoCal or AZ (i.e. not Maine), or if the car sees hard use, Subaru recommends 10W30 due to the warmer ambient temperatures. The manual has a temperature scale which indicates which flavor to use. I think anyone in the NE should be using 5W30.
    The manual says 5w30 unless used in extreme environments then it says 10w40. When I lived in the desert I used 10w40 9 months out of the year.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Not sure if the winter here would be considered extreme or not but the dealership has never said anything about running other then 5W in it since I've had it.

I Support ClubWRX
    For winter use look at cold pump specs on oil manufacturer sites. If you're curious put some oil in a beaker, set your freezer to -20C, and leave the oil inside for a day. Then see how it pours compared to room temp oil. Or just forget about it and use a 5W anywhere below the arctic circle.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

The coldest it tends to get here is in the - Teens, we do get colder snaps then that but its usually not prolonged. Most of the winter here its above 0

I Support ClubWRX
    I suspect a synth 5W would be fine in those temps.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Thats pretty much my conclusion as well

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123