WRX running crappy, need some advice

This is a discussion on WRX running crappy, need some advice within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ok so i just got my car about a week and a half ago and the car is so nice. ...

WRX running crappy, need some advice

ok so i just got my car about a week and a half ago and the car is so nice. the only problem is that now its not running as nice as it did when i got it. its pulling alot softer in first than it did a few days ago. car was running and pulling fine up until it threw a CEL for the knock sensor. but than it went away and hasnt come back but the car is still running crappy.

the pull in first gear is slower. the car's rpms rev up high but the car dosnt have as much "ufff" as it did. in the later gears the car pull a little better but not 100%.

also i noticed that when i was going about 60-65ish on the highway that the turbo would wine in and out louder than the normal turbo sound.

well thats my problem, any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    is it stock? if not what mods do you have

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

yeah car is complety stock. its not pulling as hard anymore. i have no idea what could be causing it

My buddy had a problem like that with his Outback. he ended up getting a CEL that led him to his knock sensor. tried to reset it but it kept coming back. Ended up being a bad knock sensor. After he got that changed that, it ran good. just a short story dont know if it helps u at all.

Are you hitting full boost? I believe around 13 or 14 psi
    Last edited by SkunkyZ; 11-10-2008 at 01:52 PM.
    07 WRX STi Stock - my new baby
    02 WRX 225 hp 222 tq - Not at Fault Accident TOTALED

Have you checked all your hoses for leaks or ruptures. Although not likely, you may have lost a hose or a sensing line that causing problems with the wastgate actuator or something. That could potentially through a check engine light when your motor starts knocking and then the engine managment system will run its correction cycles and compensate to keep the car from knocking. Just a thought.

i have no clue. the cel came on and went away. but the car doesnt seem to pull anymore. its still fast but not like how it was when i first got it. when i first got it it put me in the back of my seat when i got on it, now i doesnt do that and it takes longer for the car to get to the high mph.

also i noticed my turbo seems to make a loud wineing noise at 60-65 mph and only when it is around there. not above or below the mph.

Registered User 04wx subCOOBaru's Avatar
    yea, i have an o4' same problem! i only bought it about 6 months ago used, and i have added at least 100+ hp to the engine and upgraded the drive train a little. the car should be faster than how it is. i havnt noticed that whining sound at the 60-65 mph, but my car did do that when i had my boost controler on. i took it off. you might also want to check the hose line conecting the wasegate to the turbo, sometimes it will pop off if you run to hard. i had to replace mine from the factory hose.