08 STI Day 2: TPMS trouble... :( Help!

This is a discussion on 08 STI Day 2: TPMS trouble... :( Help! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey all, I didn't quite make it through 2 days of ownership of a new STI, when starting the car ...

I Support ClubWRX

08 STI Day 2: TPMS trouble... :( Help!

Hey all,

I didn't quite make it through 2 days of ownership of a new STI, when starting the car this evening (it had been out in 30 degree (F) weather for around 6 hours), the TPMS light came on solid in the dash.

I checked all pressures and all were approximately 33 in the front, 32 in the back (give or take plus or minus 1). I made sure they were all "exactly" right by pumping them up at the gas station, but the light won't go away.

Do I need to take the car in already, or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance...
    Last edited by WilliamG; 11-08-2008 at 11:05 PM.
    2010 SSM STI

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It take a couple start ups and a couple of miles to go away. It will be annoyying......

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 4cyturbowrx View Post
    It take a couple start ups and a couple of miles to go away. It will be annoyying......
    Thanks. Yes, I can see it being annoying. I put a bit of air in the tires (36 front, 35 rear, as it says in the manual for 30F), and the light went off after about a mile. I can see this being oh-so-much fun in the future!
    2010 SSM STI