stalling subaru

This is a discussion on stalling subaru within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My 1996 Subaru Impreza starts fine but stalls after 5 sec. I can not keep it from stalling by pressing ...

stalling subaru

My 1996 Subaru Impreza starts fine but stalls after 5 sec. I can not keep it from stalling by pressing on the gas pedal.

Can some one help me?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

check your airfilter first. then ide check the induction system to the throttle body and check your fuel filter

stalling subaru

atrizzzie

Thanks for the reply, the air filter is a couple of months old, i replaced the fuel filter first.

Joe walker

Did this problem start all of a sudden, or has it come about slowly over time? Any recent changes to the car (services, parts replaced, etc)?
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Quote Originally Posted by joe walker View Post
    i replaced the fuel filter first.

Joe walker
    i dont wanna sound harsh but did u put the fuel filter flowing the correct way?

stalling subaru

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    Did this problem start all of a sudden, or has it come about slowly over time? Any recent changes to the car (services, parts replaced, etc)?
    It happened on the road two or three times, my daughter was able to start it and keep going. Now it starts but stalls right away.

start with the basics...fuel, spark, and air.....fuel pump?, MAF sensor?... check all you vacuum lines also...make sure none of them are undone or cracked....

Do you have any CELs? You're problem might be the TPS (Throttle Position Sensor)

~Kano~
    [God Bless You]
    Custom Catback Race Exhaust (3" piping + 4'5" tip tilted upward left). Blitz SUS Power Air Intake Filter. F1 Racing Stage 3 Clutch Kit. Titanium STi shifter. Blitz Dual Turbo Timer DC IV. ViS Carbon Fiber Hood. Blitz Super Sound Dual Drive BOV.
    Bugeye Mafioso #149
    www.myspace.com/kano07

Its sounds like the MAF. A LOOOOOONNNNGGG time ago, when I had my first wrx in 2001, I put on a CAI. When I did, I orientated the MAF the wrong way. It would start up, and just stall right out. no amount of gas would work. Perhaps it's gone bad, been disconnected? plug is not in all the way, became dislodged?
    Movn' on up to an '06 WRX
    Vf-39 all the way!

Love to build 'em, just to ship 'em out and start all over!

I got friends in cyberspace, so I must be cool, right?
    Facebook / Myspace