SOA Response - Oil Break In and Synthetic Usage - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on SOA Response - Oil Break In and Synthetic Usage within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by brfatal We agree to disagree. We'll leave it at that For the record, the reason for the ...

Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    We agree to disagree. We'll leave it at that

For the record, the reason for the broken rings was not because I let monkeys change my oil, but because I let that idiot Clark Turner taint my UTEC with his tune.
    heh...taint...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by efmd3 View Post
    heh...taint...
    Okay now i'm lost. I've seen nothing but praise for clark's tuning in terms of power gains.

Please elaborate
    Hawk-Eye Alliance#8089
    MODS LIST

My car will never ever use synthetic oil again. Every engine failure I've ever seen (my own and other people's) has occurred with synthetics in use. Just my experience. Stay away.
    I don't honestly care in involve myself in the oil discussion any further. I have my opinions, and have done my best to base those opinions on used oil analysis as much as I can.

The comment I want to add is that your statement above is severely lacking any implied humor, if that is indeed your point. Also, there is little room for humor in the serious world that is the proper lubrication of modern engine. People have fought to point of bloody fingers on car forums for maybe a decade to bring us the lack of information and butthurt that we currently have. The least you could do is have a little respect for these fallen heros.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Acrdys View Post
    Okay now i'm lost. I've seen nothing but praise for clark's tuning in terms of power gains.

Please elaborate
    He leaves a trail of broken motors where ever he goes. Over the last 2 times he came to Dallas, he has taken out 4 motors. Every last person from both tuning sessions had gotten their cars retuned elsewhere due to difficulties or simple dissatisfaction what what he did. Around here he's earned the reputation of flying in, tuning 20 cars in a weekend by leaning them out for cheap power, and then scooting. Other people elsewhere have also had problems with his tunes.

Quote Originally Posted by wrx wagone View Post
    I don't honestly care in involve myself in the oil discussion any further. I have my opinions, and have done my best to base those opinions on used oil analysis as much as I can.

The comment I want to add is that your statement above is severely lacking any implied humor, if that is indeed your point. Also, there is little room for humor in the serious world that is the proper lubrication of modern engine. People have fought to point of bloody fingers on car forums for maybe a decade to bring us the lack of information and butthurt that we currently have. The least you could do is have a little respect for these fallen heros.
    As I said, I'm not arguing with you guys on this anymore. I've seen what I've seen and you see what you want to see. I'm sticking to my guns and that's it.
    Last edited by brfatal; 11-10-2008 at 09:45 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    As I said, I'm not arguing with you guys on this anymore. I've seen what I've seen and you see what you want to see.
    You've seen what you've seen, and others have seen what they want to see? Who is delusional in your view?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123