clutch suggestions, please

This is a discussion on clutch suggestions, please within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey guys any help would be appreciated here. my clutch is slipping real bad right now. im unsure of what ...

clutch suggestions, please

hey guys any help would be appreciated here. my clutch is slipping real bad right now. im unsure of what brand or stage clutch i have in the car now as i bought it at a dealer. im fairly certain i need at least a stage 2 as i have a hyperflow larger TMIC, blitz nur spec r TBE, turbo xs rfl BOV. i street race frequently on friday nights and need a reliable clutch that i know will hold up for awhile and grab real good during races. im also a commuter to and from college so i dont need a crazy clutch with harsh engagement. cost is of importance so lets try to keep it on the cheaper side haha. any recommendations and links would help. thanks. or IM me at raace77

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Many will recommend the Exedy Organic Stage 1. It's good, with a 44% increase in clamping power over stock(if memory serves).
    I replaced the stock clutch in my 2002 with that clutch and it was great, right up until I broke the 5-speed while racing a friend.

I think if I had stuck with the stock clutch my 5speed might have lasted longer.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

seriously... one suggestion so far? c'mon guys i know you've got some advice.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by raWRXce View Post
    seriously... one suggestion so far? c'mon guys i know you've got some advice.
    I'd recommend carefully listening to what's been said so far.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

OEM clutch ftw, if not, something thats not heavy duty for your trans
    05 WRX Wagon *SOLD*

99 Civic SI *ITR 5 Lug-16x8 Dunlop CP-R's* *SOLD*

2010 Tacoma 6-Speed *SOLD*

2007 WRB STi

Install another OEM clutch. While the additional clamping force sounds like a great thing, it also results in greater shock loads hitting your driveline components which would normally be avoided by the tendency to "slip before grip" of the OEM clutch.

Oh, and breaking in a new clutch sucks. Breaking in the Exedy was no fun.

Here was my experience with lots of stop and go driving when my daily commute was about 70 miles of driving.

0-500 miles - HELL - feels like the clutch is either in or out, chatterring or shudderring violently through each engagement
    500-1000 miles - UGH - same as above, only slightly less violent
    1000-2000 miles - MEH - finally started to feel normal
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals