How to clean the mass airflow sensor - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on How to clean the mass airflow sensor within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Sasquatch CRC MAF cleaner: CRC Industries Automotive I use this stuff on both of my family's Subies. ...

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    CRC MAF cleaner: CRC Industries Automotive
    I use this stuff on both of my family's Subies. A WRX and an STI, and I freakin love this stuff. Low end feels less shaky, and idle is more stable.
    2006 WRX Limited -Pro-tuned VF-39, STI TMIC, STI factory I/C Sprayer, Throttle body Coolant Bypass, STI Exhaust, SPT Short Ram Intake, SPT Upper Front and Rear Strut Bar, Red Samco Radiator Hoses, STI Trunk, SPT Short Shifter, Aftermarket Rotors, Lamco Turbo Gauge, Catless Downpipe, Hella Supertones, RallyArmor Limited Edition Pink UR Flaps, 35% Tint, Grounding Mod, Walbro 255 Fuel Pump, SPT Heat Shield STI Piston Shift Knob!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #430

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MakeItRoar View Post
    I use this stuff on both of my family's Subies. A WRX and an STI, and I freakin love this stuff. Low end feels less shaky, and idle is more stable.
    Well, I experimented it on my vette. No complaints, got many years of grime and accummulation off the sensor. So, while doing other maintenence on my WRX, i used it again, cleans the grime off and made my sensor threads nice n shiny.

Probably be good maintenence practice say... one every 2 years or filter change.
    2006 Subaru WRX TR (Weekend Warrior)
    1993 Ford F250 Diesel (Daily Work Commuter)
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #9455
    My WRX Mods

Just be sure to actually clean the MAF (sensor hidden up in the tube) rather than just the IAT sensor which is visible.
    ...Rob.
    MMVI WRX - VF43 Airboy Tuned @ 3500'

Quote Originally Posted by CadetARP View Post
    I also picked up CRC MAF clearner at Autozone...one other word of caution, like urinating into the wind, be careful when you are putting the little straw into the hole...don't get MAF cleaner in your eye. It stings. Bad.
    I'm sorry dude but this made me LOL!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12