2004 wrx air conditioner issue plz help!!!
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

This is a discussion on 2004 wrx air conditioner issue plz help!!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just notice that my A/C doesn't work and I check all of my fuse and wired that connect to ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    6

    Red face 2004 wrx air conditioner issue plz help!!!

    I just notice that my A/C doesn't work and I check all of my fuse and wired that connect to the ac compressor . My ac buttom come on but there is no kick from the compressor . Any suggestion be great. Thx

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Registered User indytruckboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Reading, PA
    Posts
    492
    Probably needs a charge. See a repair facility. If the charge is too low the compressor can't kick on.
    I work on vehicles that make 650hp and 2400ft/lbs.

  4. #3
    Registered User hellafastWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Huntington, Long Island..... NY
    Posts
    5,853
    did you check the belt to make sure it was spinning when the AC was switched on? In my 04 the pulley got schredded.
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

    04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

  5. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by indytruckboy View Post
    Probably needs a charge. See a repair facility. If the charge is too low the compressor can't kick on.

    Maybe because I check it with a gauge from autozone and it came up to be low so maybe thats the problem. Not enought psi to kick it? I know this is a dumb question but how do you charge?

  6. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by hellafastWRX View Post
    did you check the belt to make sure it was spinning when the AC was switched on? In my 04 the pulley got schredded.

    Yes the belt spin but when i hit the ac switch it don't turn on.

  7. #6
    He simply abides. SD_GR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    CA, US
    Posts
    22,961
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamLethal View Post
    I know this is a dumb question but how do you charge?
    It's not a dumb question. It's probably not relevant yet though.

    The refill kit you can purchase will have charge instructions, and the better ones will have disposable pressure indicators (a cheap gauge of some sort) to let you know when the pressure is correct. However, that won't solve your problem. Your problem, if the pressure is not low, is that there's a leak in the system. You need to find the leak.

    Look for oil residue around the connections in the system, and look for a leak detection kit locally or online if you want to DIY. Otherwise, take the car to an A/C shop.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

  8. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    It's not a dumb question. It's probably not relevant yet though.

    The refill kit you can purchase will have charge instructions, and the better ones will have disposable pressure indicators (a cheap gauge of some sort) to let you know when the pressure is correct. However, that won't solve your problem. Your problem, if the pressure is not low, is that there's a leak in the system. You need to find the leak.

    Look for oil residue around the connections in the system, and look for a leak detection kit locally or online if you want to DIY. Otherwise, take the car to an A/C shop.

    i give you update after i do that refill kit.

  9. #8
    Registered User EvoEatr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Kennett Square, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,839
    personally i would not recommened the "home refill kit"....it kind of irks me that they only supply you with a gauge for the low pressure side...so theres no real way to keep tabs on the high pressure side unless you buy your own set of gauges....kind of dangerous if you ask me....

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •