fan trouble

This is a discussion on fan trouble within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; When i turn my key to ignition position my fans come on and it throws a cel it has my ...

fan trouble

When i turn my key to ignition position my fans come on and it throws a cel it has my baby running terrible and i need help solving this problem. I figured it it was my cooling temperature sensor but cant find a new one for my year no where its a 94 jdm EJ20 can someone tell me where can i get one or for that matter any parts for my year

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If you are certain it's the sensor, I would pull it and head to my local reputable parts store. Somewhere that they know how to use a book, and not just the computer. Look up the sensor by year for the cars they do have here. The books always have a picture section so you can see what the part looks like. Try and match it and go from there.
    I work on vehicles that make 650hp and 2400ft/lbs.

see thats just it i dont know for sure but i was guessing that its the most reasonable cause.

im not to sure what they did to the JDM subarus but here in the states there is something called a PDI connector... on the early models it is under the dash on the drivers side and on later models its right above the ECM on the passanger side....when these connectors are plugged in the CEL will flash and the fans will cycle on and off this is the diag mode....if they indeed do this for the JDM cars i would search around for a green connector under your dash and make sure the connector is unplugged.....as i said im not to sure if they did this for JDM subarus but better to find out if you have this first than to go searching around for a problem when there might not be one....

the cel light doesnt flash its solid and the plugs that are under my dash that is disconnected are blue. Question would my thermostat throw a cel. where i live we dont need thermostats cause it is always warm here in the bahamas but my thing is would a bad cooling temp sen cause the problem that i am having, and does anyone know what other model car carries the same sensor or something that can match

rather than just guessing and throwing parts at it can you get the CEL light read??