2003 Wrx Maintenance...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2003 Wrx Maintenance... within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So far I've torn up on my WRX... the suspension, CV boot an CV joint, needs tune-up. I've recently changed ...

2003 Wrx Maintenance...

So far I've torn up on my WRX... the suspension, CV boot an CV joint, needs tune-up. I've recently changed the brake pads out to Wagner ceramics, and added the short-ram, and chaged oil... always Wix filter and Royal Purple. Anyone have any suggestions for aftermarket replacement for this maintenance job?.. Oh I have to get '03 up to par before she'll let me purchase '05STI!
    2003 Subie WRX
    Some Personal Drift mods; lining up for Stage 1 mods. Independent Driver.(I really like to drive!!!)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

oh yeah...

The front factory air spoiler (bumper/ fog assm. is cracked down center), parking blocks, what can I say!? It also needs replaced... upgraded, fog lights needed though.

'05 STI, doesn't come with fogs though... they'll be added.

...'05 I'm Purchasing.
    RSs
    Last edited by MrBonenberger; 10-31-2008 at 02:42 AM. Reason: Forgot pic link...
    2003 Subie WRX
    Some Personal Drift mods; lining up for Stage 1 mods. Independent Driver.(I really like to drive!!!)

NGKs

Installing NGk Iridium IXs today.

2003 Wrx
    Iridium IX
    NGK Part # BKR5EIX-11
    2003 Subie WRX

Not too bad...

Installation of the plugs wasn't quite as big a job as i thought it would be. i was glad to see only normal wear and tear on the old plugs and apparently someone prior to me had installed Iridiums but one was cracked, which explaines alot of problems i have noticed.
    2003 Subie WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    Just a heads up...you're posting things in the wrong forum. This is for "Motorsports". I moved another one of yours out of here earlier. Please attempt to find the forum that matches up with what you're posting about.

Moving to Maintenance...
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by MrBonenberger View Post
    ...'05 I'm Purchasing.
    RSs
    I could be wrong, but judging from what I can see of the rear fenders that is an 04 sti. Also, it appears to have been modified from a previous FMIC setup.
    The fast and the "Yeah right!"
    Blobeye #60
    2004 WRX STi Java Black Swirl
    2004 WRX san remo wingless sold
    99 Impreza 'L' grocery getter sold

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Just a heads up...you're posting things in the wrong forum. This is for "Motorsports". I moved another one of yours out of here earlier. Please attempt to find the forum that matches up with what you're posting about.

Moving to Maintenance...
    It was a mistake, sorry, I thought I had it under Maintenance, That's why I title the thread...
    2003 Subie WRX

Quote Originally Posted by etshulda View Post
    I could be wrong, but judging from what I can see of the rear fenders that is an 04 sti. Also, it appears to have been modified from a previous FMIC setup.
    It's probably listed wrong, or who owns it is a real idiot.

Isn't this one on the wrong one?
    2003 Subie WRX

Coils...

I still have a low idle after plug change. acceleration has improved. I wondering if one of those little coils is going bad. Man, those things are pricey too...

I'm gonna look up the resistance range for those coils and check mine. I'll post the range once I have it myself, could be handy and save some cash, instead of replacing all four.
    2003 Subie WRX

Short Ram

Going to remove my "custom" short ram, no positive results from it. Re-installing factory air intake until I can order Greddy Airinx System.

Believe I am not getting proper air/fuel mixture.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wrx2 002.jpg  
    2003 Subie WRX

DUB
    great thread.

More I read...

The more I read and research, the factory intake does not need modified till you upgrade your exhaust and eliminate one or all the cats. The 2002 and 2003 WRXs have three, one in each pipe I've found.

... the intake is usually what I change first, one of the things anyways. But there isn't new throttle response or +hp. The cool air rule just doesn't apply to this auto till after later mods.
    Last edited by MrBonenberger; 11-07-2008 at 04:36 AM. Reason: More to clarify.
    2003 Subie WRX

Coils...

On the '02 and '03 WRXs the resistance cannot be measured on the coils due to the ignitor being in the coil. Sorry folks, trial and error.

The only thing I can suggest, if you don't have a coded engine light on, ( which still probably wont identify which coil), is to purchase one coil and go around one by one until you find the faulty one.
    If someone has a better or more practical way of doing this please add it to the thread.
    2003 Subie WRX

Once you go back to the stock intake, your idle should smooth out. I know that my AEM Short Ram was causing problems with it. Actually cost me hp according to my tuner.
    VF34'd Corvette Killer
    Bugeye Mafia Member #188

Idle

Factory air intake has been re-installed and a new air filter...
    My idle is still at 550rpms, I'm sure when we bought the car it was more like 775rpms. It has to be a faulty coil. Everything else engine-wise is up to maintenance schedule except for the coils... the idle is smooth though.
    Last edited by MrBonenberger; 11-07-2008 at 10:22 AM. Reason: Forgot major point of post.
    2003 Subie WRX

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast